Cadillac XLR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a way to rejuvenate the forum, I propose we host a photo contest of our XLRs. Since we will never all be able to get together and take photos, we can have a virtual "XLR Concorus d Elegance" right here on the forum.

I've been looking at photos here since June 2004, and my vote for the best photo is still mswaim's crimson pearl XLR at Pebble Beach. Followed closely by 1_XLR's "interpretation" of the same photo. Heh! Heh! :glol

The purpose of this thread is to gauge the interest of all of you in having such a virtual event, and propose a few rules.

1) I suggest that we receive entries until October 15, 2005
2) All entries get posted on a single thread "reserved" for the contest.
3) All photos must be of XLRs
4) No nekkid people - the forum won't allow it anyway
5) The poster must be a member of the forum and take the photo him/her self (honor system)
6) Winner will be decided by poll of the membership
7) Grand Prize: Winner receives the devoted adulation of the other members of the forum

Feel free to suggest other rules.

OK....Who is in? I think we need at least 10 entries. C'mon. You can do it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,144 Posts
aviator said:
As a way to rejuvenate the forum, I propose we host a photo contest of our XLRs. Since we will never all be able to get together and take photos, we can have a virtual "XLR Concorus d Elegance" right here on the forum.

I've been looking at photos here since June 2004, and my vote for the best photo is still mswaim's crimson pearl XLR at Pebble Beach. Followed closely by 1_XLR's "interpretation" of the same photo. Heh! Heh! :glol

The purpose of this thread is to gauge the interest of all of you in having such a virtual event, and propose a few rules.

1) I suggest that we receive entries until October 15, 2005
2) All entries get posted on a single thread "reserved" for the contest.
3) All photos must be of XLRs
4) No nekkid people - the forum won't allow it anyway
5) The poster must be a member of the forum and take the photo him/her self (honor system)
6) Winner will be decided by poll of the membership
7) Grand Prize: Winner receives the devoted adulation of the other members of the forum

Feel free to suggest other rules.

OK....Who is in? I think we need at least 10 entries. C'mon. You can do it.
Hi Aviator,
good idea, count me in, still waiting for my Corsa. When it`s here and installed I will take several pictures and the best goes here.

Thanks
Harry Hans



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
photo contest

You can also count me in. My I also suggest you put a limit on the number of pictures you receive from each of us. You could be swamped with thousands!! Tim.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,142 Posts
tim harris said:
You can also count me in. My I also suggest you put a limit on the number of pictures you receive from each of us. You could be swamped with thousands!! Tim.
Agree, too many would complicate the voting....maybe 3 photos each?

Also NO Photo Shop or other funny stuff :nono
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like that rule

1_XLR said:
Agree, too many would complicate the voting....maybe 3 photos each?

Also NO Photo Shop or other funny stuff :nono
Since the forum allows only small pictures, should we allow linking to another website such as a blog, or a photo sharing site like Picasa?

Advantages: better, bigger pictures
Disadvantages: only for those who are "tech challenged"

So far its 1_XLR, Hans, Tim and me. Surely there are others. C'mon folks. This is a virtual car show, with YOUR XLR at centerstage. Don't be shy. It will be fun. You can do it, and you have a whole month.

Find a beautiful place, shine that puppy up, get the light right, and break out that digital camera.

Its been getting stuffy around here of late, and we need to air things out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,142 Posts
I'd like to see us keep the photos on this Forum for future reference, members, and visitors, and if one wants to add a link to larger pics as well, fine.
(Yes, I'm one of those tech-challenged types)
One thread for photos only and another thread for comments about the photos.

you know mswaim is in....he's already got a shot that will be tough to beat.
oh but wait......he doesn't have an XLR.....is that a DQ???

Take the time to add your photos to your own Gallery too!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dq

1_XLR said:
I'd like to see us keep the photos on this Forum for future reference, members, and visitors, and if one wants to add a link to larger pics as well, fine.
(Yes, I'm one of those tech-challenged types)
One thread for photos only and another thread for comments about the photos.

you know mswaim is in....he's already got a shot that will be tough to beat.
oh but wait......he doesn't have an XLR.....is that a DQ???

Take the time to add your photos to your own Gallery too!
Is mswaim DQed? Maybe another rule is: Photo can't be a re-post. New photos (to the forum) only. That way if he has a photo we haven't seen, that's OK.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
0 Posts
Actually I have quite a few photos I haven't posted here, but being DQ'ed is okay with me - it may allow one of you to win that way! lol

"Winner receives the devoted adulation of the other members of the forum"


Devoated adulation? Fame is fleeting, if there is no cash involved, count me out.
:cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Devoted Adulation!

mswaim-
While fame may be fleeting, so is money. But "devoted adulation"?
How often do you get an opportunity for that?

Besides, if you had more money, you probably just ferret it away on wine, women and song... :D
And what's the point in....( :confused well never mind) :rolleyes
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
166 Posts
Classes of winner

How about a few different classes of winner? e.g. Best overall shot, best condition car, best location (ok mswaim's pebble beach might be unbeatable...), best car model (my 5 year old daughter is ready to model, fully clothed, of course).
:cool
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Dadonator said:
How about a few different classes of winner? e.g. Best overall shot, best condition car, best location (ok mswaim's pebble beach might be unbeatable...), best car model (my 5 year old daughter is ready to model, fully clothed, of course).
:cool
I like it. I like it. Perhaps we can coax mswaim out of his curmudgeonly (I just made that word up) "retirement" for a shot or two.

As Huricane Rita closes in on Houston, a new category may be in order: "The XLR on the biggest pile of debris". Gallows humor can be dark.

I'm worried about Andy. He's in an evac zone. Check this out:

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/...c=Conroe&1s=TX&1z=&2a=&2c=Galveston&2s=TX&2z=

My house is close to "Willis" on the lake just to the West. Blaise is at the far north in "Coldspring". Andy is close to "League City" - maybe 10 feet above sea level.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top