Cadillac XLR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 XLR
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, we just bought a 2006 XLR with just 17,000 miles on it. Bought it Portland, OR and drove it down the coast to San Diego - what a great way to get to know her!! Anyway, I'm wondering about what bolt on performance enhancements you folks have done and would recommend or, conversely, stay away from. Thanks in advance - I'm looking forward to becoming part of the XLR community.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase. Unfortunately, I'm a purest so I haven't made any changes to my ride. The only item I've considered is a wind screen. While I like the etched, lighted plexiglass model, I'm liking the do-it-yourselfer screen typ mentioned on this sight.

·
Registered
2006 XLR
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Rob, Funny you say that because I tend to be a purist myself and was only thinking of adding a low-key bolt on item or two just to goose the performance a little; maybe a chip and/or exhaust system, that I could easily reverse. I've already ordered K-N air filters for it. I also read about "overriding" the traction control and am going to try that today.

This is my wife's car and she has always wanted one, but in the meantime she's had a BMW 640i convertible and that thing can get up and go, so the XLR seems a little tame in comparison. I know the XLR is an understated performance car - a velvet hammer, if you will - but I'd still like to eke a little more oomph out of it.

Thanks for the input on the windscreen, we may have to look at that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts