Cadillac XLR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 XLR-V with a black interior. The car is awesome and mechanically sound. One issue, and I think it's cosmetic only, is the plastic on the passenger side A-pillar. It looks like it's separating in the area where it meets the dash. Anybody else have this issue or know what the remedy might be?

It almost looks like a previous owner took a heat gun to it and made it worse. I say that because the grain in the plastic appears smoothed out. The car is always garaged and well cared for. I am the 3rd owner and it only has 43k miles.

As I store the car for the winter (I'm in NJ) I'm thinking of deconstructing it somehow. I found this part on eBay and awaiting confirmation that it will fit my car:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/203197420552?mkevt=1&mkpid=0&emsid=e11050.m43.l1123&mkcid=7&ch=osgood&euid=5390570be0cc4ff4b25e65df4a01e1b1&bu=43166617407&osub=-1%7E1&crd=20211111171302&segname=11050&sojTags=ch%3Dch%2Cbu%3Dbu%2Cosub%3Dosub%2Ccrd%3Dcrd%2Csegname%3Dsegname%2Cchnl%3Dmkcid

Any insight would be appreciated.
Thank you!

·
Registered
91 Posts
can you post a photo? I think the item from ebay is the exterior painted trim and it sounds like you want the inside trim
Gm did a poor job of adhesive on the leather dash ,headliner and side trims on the v including the door panel trim.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I think this may be what you are looking for but of course its discontinued. J and J auto parts has a V that they are parting out. They usually dont pull trim or do request on parts but it may be worth calling them ..I think they are in marsville ohio. other than that pull the part and have a upholstery shop recover it.

·
Registered
91 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Learned from the supplier that is not the part I am looking for. The message in part said, "Unfortunately, the catalog does not describe the color of this item, but it is the only option for your VIN for the outside windshield trim. If you're looking for the inside molding though, the part number needed for the right side is 15944598. It is not something that we have in stock, and it has been discontinued."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts