Cadillac XLR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a 2008 XLR with only 25,000 miles on it. Unfortunately was totaled in an accident - the other driver ran a red light. I bought parts for the XLR when I bought it back in 2015 knowing that parts were no longer being made or being phased our by GM. I bought the below and now no need so selling. Asking $10,000.00 for all the below or best offer.

Parts: Left headlight ( brand new still in box ), Both rear tail lights ( brand new still in box ), Trunk reflecter, Hydrolic Pump, 2 Still Door Plates, Seat Speakers Covers and Contrul Module for Top ( all brand new still in boxes.

Mike F

·
Registered
166 Posts
best bet is to list them on ebay. Thats about top retail price and new taillights are hard to find. I doubt you will find anyone needing all the parts but could get close to your asking if not more .Of course it will cost you about 20% in fees and shipping so net may be closer to 8000. but if you bought them years ago you are still making a good return on your investment. happy selling and hope they bring what you want. East coast auto parts in NC may be a buyer ,

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Who was your insurance company? That doesn't sound right. Did the air bags come out? If no, you have a chance. What damage was done to your 2008 XLR? Just curious, how much $ damage was done to your car. I just went through the same problem with my 2006 XLR, only I hit the driver in front of me, and to my luck, the air bags didn't deploy. Let me know because sometimes with insurance companies you have to give them facts and prices.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Had a 2008 XLR with only 25,000 miles on it. Unfortunately was totaled in an accident - the other driver ran a red light. I bought parts for the XLR when I bought it back in 2015 knowing that parts were no longer being made or being phased our by GM. I bought the below and now no need so selling. Asking $10,000.00 for all the below or best offer.

Parts: Left headlight ( brand new still in box ), Both rear tail lights ( brand new still in box ), Trunk reflecter, Hydrolic Pump, 2 Still Door Plates, Seat Speakers Covers and Contrul Module for Top ( all brand new still in boxes.

Mike F
Mike, interested in the tail lights, pump motor and possibly top control mod. For my 2005. Pls email me the price per @ [email protected]. thank you

·
Registered
7 Posts

Mike F
Gosh for 10k you may have those parts on the shelf awhile. Ebay is littered with taillights for $1500 to 3k and they have been on EBAY for months. Not to mention on Copart you can pick up an entire XLR though wrecked for as low as $2500 or less... I have and strip for parts, many parts to be had. There is now a service thru many caddie dealers that will send out taillight for repair for $500..on your own if you're handy it's not difficult heat these up and replace the LED's. Headlights are now being refurbished by many, biggest issue is the burnt lens...these are being fabricated for around $600.00 a pair. I've had an 04 for 12 years , I do my own work and consult to other XLR owners. I will keep this post in mind and refer to others if there is any interest...very sorry about your loss, losing a XLR is like losing a family member. Merry Christmas

·
Registered
10 Posts

Mike F
Hello, Last week a care from the center lane going straight made a rt.turn into my lane as I was taking a rt in the rt. turn lane. Headlight in pieces now, fender broken , thin plastic on inner fender well in pieces and a piece of the chrome plastic cracked and is gone around the front grille. This is all the adjustor can see now. Other guy had ins. but tried to take off my 2006 'v' model was on him fast and he pulled over. I see you have the lt h.lt and hope you have some of the rest. I hear salvage yards have most of the fenders for sale. Thanks [email protected]

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Ebay probably has the largest collection of vendors who can get any part that you want for your XLR as I did with mine. It takes diligence on your behalf to get what you need. The good thing to know is that Ebay is very strict with their vendors, and that they will provide the best service to you. Just list the part that you need from the insurance estimate and have it shipped directly to the body shop. See if you can negotiate price and shipping with the individual vendors, as some will let you to that in their software. Good luck

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ebay probably has the largest collection of vendors who can get any part that you want for your XLR as I did with mine. It takes diligence on your behalf to get what you need. The good thing to know is that Ebay is very strict with their vendors, and that they will provide the best service to you. Just list the part that you need from the insurance estimate and have it shipped directly to the body shop. See if you can negotiate price and shipping with the individual vendors, as some will let you to that in their software. Good luck

Hi, From past experience I agree. I have found parts in salvage yards near here at a good or fair price. I am thinking of getting a 2nd car for part. Thanks for the assistance. Bob

·
Registered
6 Posts

Mike F
Hi Mike.Do you still have the seat speaker covers?
Thanks
Ed in Akron

·
Registered
10 Posts

Mike F
Hello Mike, I should have bought a few parts years ago , but didn't. I had no plans to drive this car much but that did not happen, Had a bad driver try to make a rt turn in front of me in the rt. turn lane causing damage to my lt. headlight /bumper/fender and center grille, then someone rear ended me causing trunk lid and red plastic ? brake lt on trunk damage, rear bumper and lt.rear brake lt. If you have anything I could use, please let me know. I am tired of waiting on salvage yards to pull items I need. Tks. Bob Mayer 2006 xlr-v

·
Registered
10 Posts
David, Not sure if I replied correctly or not? I do not have this part for sale. I need some body parts for lt. front and lt. rear of my 06 V model. The part you need is out there on a shelf somewhere and probably for sure in a salvage yard. Bob

·
Registered
10 Posts

Mike F
I sent you another pm
I sent you another pm
David, Not sure if I replied correctly or not? I do not have this part for sale. I need some body parts for lt. front and lt. rear of my 06 V model. The part you need is out there on a shelf somewhere and probably for sure in a salvage yard. Bob
Mike, This is Robert in AZ. I now have the ins. co. repair quote from the wild man that hit my xlr v. I wanted to fall you tonight and somehow, your contact info. got away from me. Send me a email or call when you can and I will talk with you on the parts I need for my 06. Thanks. Robert. I need the grille trim but am starting to think that the black grille being offered is looking good on my black car. I still want broken plastic trim pieces used on ? 06-07 V model grille molding. I believe I can make a attractive trim strip around the mesh from pieces.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts