Cadillac XLR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to wish you all well - traded my XLR in - to many issues with it - the car was fun but the challenges in terms of mechanics were to much for me - I wish you all well - enjoy your cars! God Bless!

·
Banned
0 Posts
Sorry to see you go so soon, what was the break point? It seemed like your dealer was trying hard to keep you happy - loaner XLR with no strings.

What did you trade for? If you don't mind, ewhat did you get for the XLR in trade?

·
Registered
304 Posts
I am sorry to see you go also... This is great car believe it or not..... I have had mine for about 6 months and 5000 miles and not one problem. NOT ONE.....

I wish you had tried another dealer for service. This one was doing the right things in the front office "loner of a XLR" etc. but was not getting the help from his service dept.

Did you ever get in touch with Cadillac about your problems? What did they say?
Someday I hope you will try another one but I am sure at this time this is the last thing you would do.

Blaise :flag

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The dealer was good - I think I fell "out of love" with the car during the past few weeks and the challenges I had (top, Nav and related issues). Don't laugh but traded it in on a 2005 C6 - this is my 5th vette - in terms of the trade did pretty good - similar to a week in Vegas with the house winning more - good luck to all - this is my last post! Over and out!

:flag :flag :flag

·
Registered
477 Posts
Bummer

Lesson Learned? :confused

I think my point of view is that this XLR is a mechanical thng full of mechanical subsystems. My engineering degree and my years of mechanical design and prototype testing experience tell me that we engineers "fail our way to success".

The phrase is an engineer's axiom. I refuse to let mechanical problems beat me. And the XLR is a very high tech implementation.

Because this is a brand new vehicle design, I actually expected a faux paux or two. I've been amazed by the lack thereof after we fixed the top malfunction.

Via con Dios :seeya

·
Registered
163 Posts
While I have had no problems, I can understand how they happen. I am a network engineer and as the owner of an IT infrastructure company I am use to problems in the begining. It seems like there always are no matter how much planning we put into it.

To me, the important thing really is not the number of problems (whether in my line of work or car building) in the beginning but how they are dealt with and corrected. By the way, did he realize that he traded one brand new design for another? Also, the C6 is basically the same vechile platform?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts