Cadillac XLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're wondering if it's just us, but do others find the outside temperature display to be extremely slow in responding to changes in temperature? The owner's manual indicates there are a couple of conditions that have to be met before a change is displayed https://www.mygmlink.com/pdf/go2content/manual/US/en/cadillac/2k05xlr.pdf

Our impression is it's taking a lot longer to register changes than those parameters indicate. We much prefer the way that feature operates on our Escalade which seems more real time.

Best regards,
Ed and Sandra
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
Ed and Sandra said:
We're wondering if it's just us, but do others find the outside temperature display to be extremely slow in responding to changes in temperature? The owner's manual indicates there are a couple of conditions that have to be met before a change is displayed https://www.mygmlink.com/pdf/go2content/manual/US/en/cadillac/2k05xlr.pdf

Our impression is it's taking a lot longer to register changes than those parameters indicate. We much prefer the way that feature operates on our Escalade which seems more real time.

Best regards,
Ed and Sandra

I agree, I've noticed this on mine but has not been a big enough problem to ask the dealer about. If you follow up please post your results.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
temp indicators

Our XLR outside temperature guage seems to operate properly but have had lots of trouble with the Escalade outside temp guage. In traffic it will register 20 to 30 degrees above the actual. Have had it to the dealer several times for this problem and no fix. Does yours operate ok?

Thanks.. BTW am having the headlights replaced this week due to the granular appearing discoloration occuring over the orange bulbs. Has anyone gone to a lower wattage bulb to alleviate this problem?

XLR Jim
 
G

·
Jim,
Why should we have to go to a lower voltage/wattage bulb? The idea of Zeon lights is being able to see better, going down in wattage will put us back in the stone age.
Bob:cheers

xlrjim said:
Our XLR outside temperature guage seems to operate properly but have had lots of trouble with the Escalade outside temp guage. In traffic it will register 20 to 30 degrees above the actual. Have had it to the dealer several times for this problem and no fix. Does yours operate ok?

Thanks.. BTW am having the headlights replaced this week due to the granular appearing discoloration occuring over the orange bulbs. Has anyone gone to a lower wattage bulb to alleviate this problem?

XLR Jim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
running lamps

Don't think the running lamps are xenon..Think they are standard incandence..The headlights are hids. And there doesnt seem to be a heating problem with those. Just the far lower wattage running/turnsignal lamps. Any way looks like this is a fairly prevalent problem per this discussion group.

Jim
 
G

·
zenon

xenon.................I knew I spelled it wrong, but thanks for not putting me in the dog house. I guess I missed the part about the orange lights. There is another way to do this. set your lights to go on during the day time and the running lights will automatically stay off. Your lights will still go off by themselves when you turn the engine off. :cheers

xlrjim said:
Don't think the running lamps are xenon..Think they are standard incandence..The headlights are hids. And there doesnt seem to be a heating problem with those. Just the far lower wattage running/turnsignal lamps. Any way looks like this is a fairly prevalent problem per this discussion group.

Jim
 
G

·
xenon

Sorry Jim,




xlrjim said:
Don't think the running lamps are xenon..Think they are standard incandence..The headlights are hids. And there doesnt seem to be a heating problem with those. Just the far lower wattage running/turnsignal lamps. Any way looks like this is a fairly prevalent problem per this discussion group.

Jim
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top