Cadillac XLR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got next month's Consumer Reports--they ranked the XLR poorly, mainly over the "slowness" of the top opening, the ride and the plastic in the interior (other than the vents, where?).:confused

But if you look at the rankings side by side, the XLR has the most excellent (red circles) in EVERY category, with maybe one or two exceptions out of around 12 areas reviewed.:bs

Real honest and fair reporting--CR never likes American cars, but there own data says XLR is the best :D

--Dado

·
Registered
37 Posts
Here is a scan:

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235729

Anyone have a better scan that we can read?

Just got next month's Consumer Reports--they ranked the XLR poorly, mainly over the "slowness" of the top opening, the ride and the plastic in the interior (other than the vents, where?).:confused

But if you look at the rankings side by side, the XLR has the most excellent (red circles) in EVERY category, with maybe one or two exceptions out of around 12 areas reviewed.:bs

Real honest and fair reporting--CR never likes American cars, but there own data says XLR is the best :D

--Dado

·
Registered
1,144 Posts

--Dado
Hi Dado, it`s not just CR, it`s almost all american car mags, like MT, C&D, R&T and Automobile. I don`t understand this! Here in europe when a french mag tests a french car against a german and italien, the french one wins. The same is in other european country`s, they make their own car a winner but not so the US.

I know how it works, the automaker who put the most money on their table get the results that he wants from this magazins.

Hans (german US car driver since 36 years)

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Affirmation!

Hi Dado, it`s not just CR, it`s almost all american car mags, like MT, C&D, R&T and Automobile. I don`t understand this! Here in europe when a french mag tests a french car against a german and italien, the french one wins. The same is in other european country`s, they make their own car a winner but not so the US.

I know how it works, the automaker who put the most money on their table get the results that he wants from this magazins.

Hans (german US car driver since 36 years)
You are so right, Hans. Its an epidemic in the American media. If someone in the media says something positive, he is immediately derided as being a "homer". It's like we have a national inferiority complex or something. :thumbs

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
But Harry...

Consumer Reports claims to accept no money, has no advertising & supposedly gets all of their data from their own testing plus readers responses to their annual questionnaire (I believe that there have been a few scandals about breaches of that policy).

I'm guessing that they got maybe 3 XLR questionnaires filled out, and that the "reliability" was not good.

Of course, in my experience, American car drivers tell the truth, import buyers feel guilty, and have to justify their un-American expenditure of there 2nd largest purchase (after their homes) so they just "forget" that their Honda needed brakes at 15,000 miles, their Lexus had a malfunctioning glove box, their 350Z needed new tires after 6 months--all give a "perfect" review (these are actual friends, family and neighbors of mine, who admit the defects "off the record" but in a questionnaire, aparently they mysteriously forget them)! It makes me want to :puke

With all of my complaints, in this forum (mostly 2.5 years ago) my 04' xlr needed Rotors replaced and an oxygen sensor under warranty, in 2.5 years. That plus the 2 or 3 recalls "ain't too bad" for a machine that has so much complicated technology, in the first model year!:iagree

The best part of the article is the side-by-side ratings. Just scan the page, and th XLR is the best, even their insults seem stupid, compared to cars that they rate much higher, that have major flaws!

Oh well, GM will lose more sales now, they are too stupid to tout the features and benefits of their finely engineered product--sales 101, grade "F-" as always.

Oh yes, did anyone notice that they tested the Z06 vette, but not the XLR V--I'm shocked that they gave the Z06 as fine of a review as they did, I guess its just too awesome for even the most biased writer to bash!

Harry, you obviously have a taste for quality :thumbs

--Dado (Bob)

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Bob, (Dado) first I`m surprised that you also know my second first name (Hans -Harry) but I must say you put an excellent post on this forum.

I cancelled my german magazin (Auto-Motor & Sport) about two years ago because they allways talked any american car bad. But I still buy the US Magazins because I love US cars, drove most of GM cars during the last 36 years and was almost very happy with each one of them.

I wonder on the US mags because of any new A8 or S500 or Lexus LS 400 they do first a single test but not so with an STS V or XLR V - all they do here is a comparision to cars they`ll cost 20-30K more and let these Caddy`s not look to good. (I`m sorry Road& Track had a single test of the STS V).

Bob, thanks for my good taste for quality and cars!!!!!!!!!

Harry

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not so psychic...

Harry, your call sign is Harrysxlr--I'm not that psychic :eek:

--Dado (Bob)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts