Cadillac XLR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard many stories about individuals that have been told that once they order their XLR there can be no changes. Please let me shed some light on this.

First let me say When A client orders an XLR the order is generated and a Cadillac XLR order number is then given(I would hope youre dealer gives you that info as it is the proof that they actually ordered youre XLR). At that point the order would sit in what is called the "Preliminary Section" until the dealer receives an allocation for youre car. I have most of my clients in the "Preliminary Order Section" for well in access of 1 year before their vehicle is preferenced to "In System"

Youre dealer can add/Subtract any feature on youre XLR Up until it goes to the "In System" section. At this point youre XLR will receive a TPW "Target Production Week". Please keep in mind the word TARGET, as it can still vary by a few weeks. Once the vehicle is at a 3400 status it is now broadcast for production. The next step is actual production and youre vehicle should arrive within 45 days depending on where youre dealer islocated.

www.Cadillac-XLR.com

·
Registered
370 Posts
Sometimes you can change

Mr XLR has been helping me on a situation I had with the XM Radio option.

I just received a call from the General Sales Manager at the dealer where I ordered my XLR. It was their error that they missed ordering the XM prior to it being "In System" which apparently occurred 10 days ago. They orginally told me that nothing could be done, as Mr XLR says, but today they dsaid that it had been added (through an "act of congress"). Guess it pays to live in DC sometimes.

Don't know any more about how they did it, but must have been some magic involved.

I have found working in the governement for many year, that when someone says something can't be done, it is simply a matter of getting someone high enough of the food change to sign a piece of paper saying it can be done/changed/whatever.

Looking forward to April 27 delivery date for my Crimson Pearl (with XM radio now).

·
Registered
136 Posts
Mr XLR,

It very correct. And, this holds true for not only General Motors but all other manufactures as well.

DFXLR

1 - 4 of 4 Posts