Cadillac XLR Forum banner

Open letter to members & non-members

17K views 31 replies 8 participants last post by  jackewells 
G
#1 ·
Having had some issues with the paint department at Allen Cadillac and GM, I believe that I have taken a very negative approach with my friends at this dealership and that in dealing with these issues I should have kept them private, and if not private, at least I shouldn’t have bashed Allen Cadillac in general. That was not my intent. As you all know, I had issues with the paint department and this should have been between Allen Cadillac and me.

The other issue is the hot console and that should be between GM, and me, but I didn’t think I was getting enough help locally to get to the bottom of this problem.

Officially, GM has said that they are aware of this problem and at present; do not have a fix that works.

Summing up……………I always felt that Allen Cadillac has gone the extra mile for me, unfortunately the extra mile was a bit of a bumpy road when issues reared it’s ugly head with the repairing of my vehicle that was in an accident. I took it personally, but didn’t really see the extra mile they where going to satisfy me.

To put things in a better light, their front door is excellent, their service has been great and not realizing it, their people in service have tried their best to solve my problems. I did a lot of venting here because I could, what I should have done was to stop acting so immature and talk with Scott Allen, not post my complaints here.

Rita, Please stay away from New Orleans, they have had enough. God bless them

Sometimes you just don’t see the forest for the trees.

Standby

See less See more
#6 ·
1_XLR said:
couldn't help but notice how all that complaining had stopped so abruptly last week. :rant

Much appreciated too.

.........now, about those f'n emocons......

Can't help but notice the font used in the letter differs from the forum standard, not to mention the writing style is much different than we are used to seeing from Bob's own hand.

Someone's lemon law attorney is earning their money.............

G
#7 ·
Sorry about the direction, but I think any area could take it better than N.O. I lived in Jersey most of my young life and we went through a lot of these storms and survived because we got away from the shore area. Just five miles inland makes a world of difference
aviator said:
....thanks. Here's wunna dese --> :thumbs

Now about Hurrican Rita -- she's heading for my crib. :cuss

G
#8 ·
FYI mswaim,

The post you are referring to, was done in Times New Roman Pt 2 in Microsoft Word and was done on my own merit without the help of anyone, nor prompted by anyone, except for spell check & grammar corrections to make sure my post was correct in every way..

I do want to thank you for deciding that this was done by a lawyer, however most lawyers have their secretaries do their letter writing after they compose it and make corrections in spelling and grammar.

You never cease to amaze me in your negativity, at least I was man enough to own up to my lack of integrity in blasting Allen Cadillac instead of GM, and it was my idea to post this open letter.

This post was done in Black Chancery, just so you get it right this time.

mswaim said:
Sounds like someone's dealership put someone in their place. I guess it's true, some of our dealers DO read these forums.

Looks like someone's attorney thought a bit of damage control was required before moving ahead with the "lemon law" attack.

G
#9 ·
Not suprised here either that you would get on the band wagon with mswaim. You want to ask me something, bring it on, but don't make accusations you can't back up or know nothing about.
I see you use fn emocons or smiley's too.

Here's a couple of smiley's for you

1_XLR said:
couldn't help but notice how all that complaining had stopped so abruptly last week. :rant

Much appreciated too.

.........now, about those f'n emocons......

#10 ·
Hey, let's just agree we all own one of the sweetest cars on the road today. It really doesn't matter what color, what options, what aftermarket, what state we live in or what dealer sold it to us. Let's just embrace the fact that we are some of the very few who can enjoy these wonderful cars.

#12 ·
standby said:
FYI mswaim,

The post you are referring to, was done in Times New Roman Pt 2 in Microsoft Word and was done on my own merit without the help of anyone, nor prompted by anyone, except for spell check & grammar corrections to make sure my post was correct in every way..

I do want to thank you for deciding that this was done by a lawyer, however most lawyers have their secretaries do their letter writing after they compose it and make corrections in spelling and grammar.

You never cease to amaze me in your negativity, at least I was man enough to own up to my lack of integrity in blasting Allen Cadillac instead of GM, and it was my idea to post this open letter.

This post was done in Black Chancery, just so you get it right this time.

Gee Bob, all I can say is for a man of your advanced age (and supposed maturity) you seem to stay very busy owning up to your "lack of integrity". Not to mention your lack of self-control, lack of automotive knowledge and a general lack of common sense.

You really need to stop and think a bit before you post. So far you have provided miss-information on numerous occasions, posting information that is just plain false, misleading and otherwise void of any truth.

This forum has slowly become the Standby playground, complete with your idiotic and childish Emoticons and childish rantings about GM products, Allen Cadillac, etc.

Anyone who disagrees with you is immediately attacked in open forum and branded as your enemy.

1) It's not my fault you tried to convince the XLR owners of the world that they could rely on their radar-assisted cruise controls to avoid collisions.

2) It's not my fault you have absolutely no knowledge concerning the differences between BuyBacks and the California Lemon Law.

3) It's not my fault you mistakenly posted that all Lemoned vehicles are sent back to the factory to be crushed.

I could post a few more of your mistakes, but why bother? The fact you felt compelled to post an open letter of apology further proves the existence of your destructive personality and its effect on this community.

If you are going to be honest, be honest. You didn't post that letter because you felt the need to magnanimously extend an olive branch to Scott Allen and his dealership. Something else prompted that letter, however the truth will be hard to pry from someone who lacks integrity, right?

Please, put me back on your Ignore list...............

#13 ·
standby said:
Not suprised here either that you would get on the band wagon with mswaim. You want to ask me something, bring it on, but don't make accusations you can't back up or know nothing about.
I see you use fn emocons or smiley's too.

Here's a couple of smiley's for you
I wouldn't consider it a band wagon, I feel comfortable to comment when I have an opinion on this forum, and since it was an "open letter"....I made a simple observation, and passed along my appreciation, even though I didn't expect you would get it, my being on your ignore list and all.

I've nothing to ask you, or I would. We have had discussion before about your childish and obnoxious smileys.....you didn't get it then, so keep posting them.

#14 ·
Quixotic said:
Hey, let's just agree we all own one of the sweetest cars on the road today. It really doesn't matter what color, what options, what aftermarket, what state we live in or what dealer sold it to us. Let's just embrace the fact that we are some of the very few who can enjoy these wonderful cars.

Normally my friend I would agree with you, however at some point you have to question the motivation.

On a brighter note, if you drive by Allen Cadillac you will be one of the few who will understand the meaning of the new marquee that reads -

Allen Cadillac = 1 :D

Standby = 0 :cry

#15 ·
Standby I find it ammusing you talk about all the negitivity on this forum when you have driven a lot of it. Glad to have you here and posting as I enjoy hearing from all my fellow XLR owners. Actually this site is sometimes to dead when I see a day or two go by with no new posts. Lets all talk a little more, and a little more acurate. When I had an 05 mustang that site was buzzing all the time, sometimes you would see 80 posts a day or more. I know the mustang is in the hands of 190K per year compaired to 5k but I enjoy getting inside scoop on the car. With the mustang web site factory workers and ford management would add to the info and I would tell my dealer info way before he knew if he ever did. Anyways I would really like to hear the final out come of standbys car.

G
#16 ·
Upstate,
I appreciate your comments whether in my favor or not. I'm going to ignore the childish comments from two of our members and move on..
When I post information, I research and test it to the best of my ability, some things I state are hear say or what's been told to me.
Ya see mswaim is an X cop and is suspicious of everything everyone says and is a very jealous person. I just made a fool out of mswaim and notice how he attacks and tells lies just to try and make me look bad. As far as the negativity, I apologized in the open letter, now it's mswaim's turn for his BS.
Simply put? I meet with my lawyer next Wednesday to start Lemon Law proceedures, and will not be bringing anyone up to date until it is over. I will be man enough to put the result on this site regarless of the out come.
I think we should have a check of who leases, has the pink slip, and who has monster payments. I for one have my pink slip from day one.

upstate said:
Anyways I would really like to hear the final out come of standbys car.

#18 ·
standby said:
As far as the negativity, I apologized in the open letter,
And there's the whole point, Bob, there is no apology to anyone in your 'open letter',
......it was intended to suck up to Allen Cadillac and a few of us decided to call you on it.

It was a very wise thing to do, as was suggested all along on this forum,
you will get much further with a mature, professional approach.
I hope you're satisfied with the results

#19 ·
standby said:
Upstate,
I appreciate your comments whether in my favor or not. I'm going to ignore the childish comments from two of our members and move on..
When I post information, I research and test it to the best of my ability, some things I state are hear say or what's been told to me.
Ya see mswaim is an X cop and is suspicious of everything everyone says and is a very jealous person. I just made a fool out of mswaim and notice how he attacks and tells lies just to try and make me look bad. As far as the negativity, I apologized in the open letter, now it's mswaim's turn for his BS.
Simply put? I meet with my lawyer next Wednesday to start Lemon Law proceedures, and will not be bringing anyone up to date until it is over. I will be man enough to put the result on this site regarless of the out come.
I think we should have a check of who leases, has the pink slip, and who has monster payments. I for one have my pink slip from day one.

Based on the level of contempt in your response I would wager to say I hit very close to home with my earlier statements.

Wise not to discuss the pending litigation any further, it's going to be tough enough for your attorney to explain the dozens of negative posts the oppposing counsel has already printed out. Somehow I don't think one ass-kissing letter will out-weigh the damage you have already caused with your threatening posts.

Poor Bob. You openly admit on a public forum that you lack the one thing no one can take from you nor fault you for possessing - Integrity. Those who lack integrity normally come up short in the Values and Honor department too.

Jealous of you? Bob, get over yourself - you live in a 1,500 sq. ft. condo in LA saddled with a 1st and a 2nd.

Comic relief Bob - That's your real strength here - comic relief.

I apologize to the membership in advance for this bit of a low-point, but sometimes you just have to take a stand.

G
#23 ·
Jack,

I would love to, but it seems a couple of members are having to much fun at my expense. I have to many friends on this site to worry about what they say.

Busdvet--Thank you
Avaitor--Thank you
jackewells said:
Enough of this.....Lets evervbody drop it. :flag

#24 ·
standby said:
Jack,

I would love to, but it seems a couple of members are having to much fun at my expense. I have to many friends on this site to worry about what they say.

Busdvet--Thank you
Avaitor--Thank you
You are so right Bob,
you also have friends in Germany and as you know we are only know each other through this forum and a couple of phone calls but this will change next summer.

I had an argument with one guy on "cadillacforums" because I´ve said that I`ve unlooked my car via handy and I did (twice). This guy called me a lier and gave me nasty words but I think I´m a step to high for this guy so "ignore" was the word for. (the administrator went into this and let him know to cool down).
He don`t name me anymore and so do I. - Works perfect!!!

I´ll meet you in june 06 in LA if you pick me up at the Airport. Always nice talking to you. Bob, keep on staying the way you are, you are allright :thumbs :thumbs :thumbs

Hans

G
#25 · (Edited)
Those words really cheered me up Han's

As you no, I have always tried to improve the informaiton that will help people on this site and if some of this info is off by 6 mph or not exactly perfect, there are people that will take you to task and are very rude in the way they do it. I remember the incident you are talking about and how rude that individual was. I think it had something to do with how fast your car will go if I'm not mistaken, but here we go again, maybe giving out wrong information. damned if I do and damned if I don't.
I know on many occasions that I have supplied excellent information, especially after coming back from Bowling Green. All this information was to help our members in making decisions as to color, possible cost, (hear say from BG), time of production and horsepower.
I think I might have to share information from my V with selected members by personal e-mail in order not to be bashed by a few.
How did you like the non factual personal information one member put on this site about me? I think we call this a vandetta of sorts.
Anyway, getting by this stuff, and moving on, I hope you have a nice weekend and I'm looking forward to picking you up a LAX next June.
Some people use to
ride the little school bus and wear helmets, I wonder who that could be?

harrysxlr said:
You are so right Bob,
you also have friends in Germany and as you know we are only know each other through this forum and a couple of phone calls but this will change next summer.

I had an argument with one guy on "cadillacforums" because I´ve said that I`ve unlooked my car via handy and I did (twice). This guy called me a lier and gave me nasty words but I think I´m a step to high for this guy so "ignore" was the word for. (the administrator went into this and let him know to cool down).
He don`t name me anymore and so do I. - Works perfect!!!

I´ll meet you in june 06 in LA if you pick me up at the Airport. Always nice talking to you. Bob, keep on staying the way you are, you are allright :thumbs :thumbs :thumbs

Hans

#26 ·
standby said:
Those words really cheered me up Han's

As you no, I have always tried to improve the informaiton that will help people on this site and if some of this info is off by 6 mph or not exactly perfect, there are people that will take you to task and are very rude in the way they do it. I remember the incident you are talking about and how rude that individual was. I think it had something to do with how fast your car will go if I'm not mistaken, but here we go again, maybe giving out wrong information. damned if I do and damned if I don't.
I know on many occasions that I have supplied excellent information, especially after coming back from Bowling Green. All this information was to help our members in making decisions as to color, possible cost, (hear say from BG), time of production and horsepower.
I think I might have to share information from my V with selected members by personal e-mail in order not to be bashed by a few.
How did you like the non factual personal information one member put on this site about me? I think we call this a vandetta of sorts.
Anyway, getting by this stuff, and moving on, I hope you have a nice weekend and I'm looking forward to picking you up a LAX next June.
Some people use to
ride the little school bus and wear helmets, I wonder who that could be?
Hello Bob,
I think on a forum you read the things others write down and make your own mind of that but what I hate is, when someone give the other some nasty words.
We are all grown people, at least I don`t need to do that and wouldn`t do it.
The IGNORE is there what counts for me.
My check engine light came back today, remember I´ve had this once a couple of months ago. I see my dealer on monday and have a computer-check on this.
Did you read my other post? The peoples at the IAA told me the price of the V is about 15% higher than the base model. 77K$ - the V about 88.5 K$ what you think about this? I`ve had a real close look to it, sat in it, lowered and raised the top and I think for the price of about 92 K Euro it`s OK - if it`s not speed-limited!!

I think I get to drive one V here even before june but when it`s limited I´ll keep my 04 - now wait till my Corsa arrives, must be within the two next weeks.
If I get some extra power out of it I hope to beat my 278 kph.
BTW, the people from Cadillac-Europe knows that the top speed of the export XLR is about 270-280 kph - I still hope they also kick this speed limiter out of the export V.

Well my friend, have a nice weekend - top down - and watch the trucks in front of you ;)

Hans

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.