Cadillac XLR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will it have OnStar? I expect that it will.

I'm curious to see how they do it. One of the reasons it's not in the Corvette is claimed to be because they couldn't figure out where to put it, especially in the verts.

·
Registered
41 Posts
[

I'm curious to see how they do it. One of the reasons it's not in the Corvette is claimed to be because they couldn't figure out where to put it, especially in the verts. [/B]
Why was that a prob? Doesn't it just get molded into the rear view?:confused So why couldn't they put it in a Vert for that reason?:cheers

·
Registered
41 Posts
Troy Roberts said:
I wonder if they will put it in the C6 also?
I am not sure, but I think that Bod said it WOULD in a little speech a while back. Again though, I only think I heard this, I could be wrong:cheers

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Re: OnStar?

logansowner said:
Why was that a prob? Doesn't it just get molded into the rear view?:confused So why couldn't they put it in a Vert for that reason?:cheers
I'm not sure why it was a problem. Just regurgitating what I heard. :lol:

Maybe wind noise??? :confused

·
Registered
41 Posts
OK, I just looked at this pic, look at the mirror, it WILL have OnStar:thumbs

·
Registered
41 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Don't see much use for Onstar myself!! I know my local Cadillac dealer has EVERY car equiped with Onstar, and they won't take it off!!:cheers

·
Registered
41 Posts
vermjpv said:
Don't see much use for Onstar myself!! I know my local Cadillac dealer has EVERY car equiped with Onstar, and they won't take it off!!:cheers
I comes stock on every Caddy as far as I know. Whats the point in taking if off?:confused If you don't want it, don't use it. But why would you want them to take it off?:crazy

·
Registered
63 Posts
logansowner said:
I comes stock on every Caddy as far as I know. Whats the point in taking if off?:confused If you don't want it, don't use it. But why would you want them to take it off?:crazy
:iagree I have it and use it. It is very useful. I like the phone option too, it comes in handy when I forget to charge my cell phone or just plain don't want to hold it to my ear. :D

·
Registered
0 Posts
On star

Nomad said:
:iagree I have it and use it. It is very useful. I like the phone option too, it comes in handy when I forget to charge my cell phone or just plain don't want to hold it to my ear. :D
:iagree I really enjoy the on star system in the CTS and couldn't agree with you more :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
I work for OnStar and they (GM) told us late last year that the XLR will have OnStar. It works very well in the Saab convertibles and the El Dorado custom 'vert jobs, so I see no problems with it working with the top down in the XLR. We were worried about the voice recognition picking up wiind buffeting and causing problems with Personal Calling and Virtual Advisor, but so far it's been working quite well. I'm hoping to see it in the next Corvette, but I haven't heard anything yet. Many Corvette drivers also have Yukons, Sierra's, Trailblazers etc with OnStar and ask us time and again when we will be available in the 'Vette.

I'm glad to hear so many of you folks like OnStar! Check out www.onstar.com for owner testimonials, and these are just a handful. I've personally assisted police in recovering several stolen vehicles, found missing persons for their loved ones (Alzheimers), sent police/ambulance/fire assistance, set up rental cars for folks after accidents, found hospitals and given directions, sent roadside assistance, made hundreds of hotel and restaurant reservations and remotely unlocked tons of vehicles. If you have any OnStar related questions, I'd be glad to answer them for you, or you can call 888-4OnStar or call in from your vehicle via the blue OnStar button.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts