Cadillac XLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The XLR-V does NOT have wood on the steering wheel as pictured in promotional photos.
The claim is that an all leather wheel is a sportier look. Same on the STS-V
 
G

·
That wouldn't bother me. You have better control and grip.
:thumbs :thumbs
1_XLR said:
The XLR-V does NOT have wood on the steering wheel as pictured in promotional photos.
The claim is that an all leather wheel is a sportier look. Same on the STS-V
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,144 Posts
G

·
We can use some good clothing manufactures over here. So Come ooooooooooooooooon Down:cheers

harrysxlr said:
OK, OK if someone can have a house in Florida he might can have one in SoCal.
My family thinks anyhow it`s to cold in Germany and so do I:lol

Harry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ever consider MSN Messenger?....it's fast, private and has lots of really cute smileys
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
I wish you could have a choice as I think the wood wheel on the XLR is the best wheel of any car hads down. Its thick and geels great.

I was sad when I saw they got rid of it. Every car has a leather wheel - boring.

Is it as thick as the regualr XLR - there is nothing worse than a skimpy wheel on a sports car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
Steering Wheel Swap

Thanks for the heads up on the V steering Wheel. I will swap the wheel on my 05 XLR to my V when it comes in. Tim
 
G

·
Tim,
Have you got a build date yet from your dealer? I was told by my dealer that my V would arrive in March but it has a lot to do with the build date, and it usually arrives within two weeks.
That's a great idea swapping the wheels but unless you have that new Zingana wood in your 05, it's not going to match the Zingana in the V. My 04 has the light color wood, so I can't do that trick.
Bob

tim harris said:
Thanks for the heads up on the V steering Wheel. I will swap the wheel on my 05 XLR to my V when it comes in. Tim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,144 Posts
standby said:
Tim,
Have you got a build date yet from your dealer? I was told by my dealer that my V would arrive in March but it has a lot to do with the build date, and it usually arrives within two weeks.
That's a great idea swapping the wheels but unless you have that new Zingana wood in your 05, it's not going to match the Zingana in the V. My 04 has the light color wood, so I can't do that trick.
Bob
Bob, I guess your dealer is the only one who could find out the prod.date of your V.
But I´m sure, sometime late this month you have a :party when picking up your new V.
Harry



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
xlr said:
I wish you could have a choice as I think the wood wheel on the XLR is the best wheel of any car hads down. Its thick and geels great.

I was sad when I saw they got rid of it. Every car has a leather wheel - boring.

Is it as thick as the regualr XLR - there is nothing worse than a skimpy wheel on a sports car.
It's the same as the lower portion of the XLR, just continues around.
It dosen't look as nice, but it does feel a lot better...................
Trust me, I've dug my nails in a few times!! :eek
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Steering Wheel

tim harris said:
Thanks for the heads up on the V steering Wheel. I will swap the wheel on my 05 XLR to my V when it comes in. Tim

Is it easy and/or expensive to swap an an XLR steering wheel for a XLR-V steering wheel? Or more specifically, can you order a Zingana wood steering wheel (from an "05) to put on a '06 XLR V? Any information on that....
 
G

·
I didn't know that Zingana wood was on an XLR. I thought it was only on the V, If that's the case, I would have bought a Zingana wood wheel for my V, but after driving this mad machine, I tend to lean toward Mike's feeling about a better grip.................but he never drives fast :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
484 Posts
3 Different Woods

Harry is correct,
The wood in the XLR for 2004 -2006 is Light Spanish Eucalyptus along with the dark Spanish Eucalyptus that was made as available for 2005. The XLR-V comes with and is only available in African Zingana wood.

To see the two woods sided by side simply go to:
http://cadillac-xlr.com/_wsn/page7.html

Thank you
Allen
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
484 Posts
wood and trim

Hans,
I will be starting a new thread or finding the old ones for the Passion Red & Platinum XLR coming out this year and put the info so people can see both cars.

www.CadillacXLR-V.com

Thank you
Allen
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top