Cadillac XLR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello my XLR got rained in for only a couple minutes and the following day I had forgotten to let the Windows down to dry it out and the windows fogged up pretty good before I had caught it and now I get no power to the dash , windows and the engine will not crank tho the ignition switch will light up and if I press the ignition switch the relay out side will make contact but the engine will not crank tho I can manually crank the engine from the relay under the hood so I know the starter is fine but the car will not react to the fobs even when place inside the glove compartment so I’m wonder if the BCM is the culprit or is there something other than the BCM that I should consider first and if it is the BCM and I purchase a new one does it have to be programmed to the car pacifically or should it already be programmed to the XLR automatically.. thank anyone that can help me in advance I realize that’s a mouth full but any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have made certain it is completely dry I took the carpet out and dried it out very well I made certain it is completely dry but even after drying it out for a month with a good heater inside I still got nothing as far as power inside tho the ignition switch will light up and I can hear a relay clicking when I press the ignition switch but no power to the dash and I bought a new BCM module but still haven’t been told the process of programming the BCM can it be done without the car or do I have to get the whole car to a shop in order to have it matched to my system

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have made certain it is completely dry I took the carpet out and dried it out very well I made certain it is completely dry but even after drying it out for a month with a good heater inside I still got nothing as far as power inside tho the ignition switch will light up and I can hear a relay clicking when I press the ignition switch but no power to the dash and I bought a new BCM module but still haven’t been told the process of programming the BCM can it be done without the car or do I have to get the whole car to a shop in order to have it matched to my system

1 - 5 of 5 Posts