Cadillac XLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Bob you are finding accessories that just don't exist. Good job. Does the wind screen really provide a benefit on the XLR?

·
Registered
259 Posts
upstate said:
Bob you are finding accessories that just don't exist. Good job. Does the wind screen really provide a benefit on the XLR?
You can get the the wind screen here:

http://www.windbaffle.com/

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
upstate said:
The site has them at $250. what would I expect to pay with the forum discount?
Seems to me it was only 10%.... sould be more, he's done plenty of business here;)

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
windbaffle

Bill,
That windbaffle was on my 04 and I had a Cadillac crest where the V badge is now. Yes, it does help, but the best help is windows up and fan on full, which seems to blow any air that comes back in, right out again. I've run at 85 and can keep my baseball hat on, (and I don't where it back wards)
Bob
upstate said:

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
Hans,
I only live about 3 blocks from this location. I didn't realize the panoramic view when I took the pic. I have to be the worst person for taking pictures.
Colonal Klink
harrysxlr said:
Your V looks cool, nice background on the first picture!!!!

Hans:thumbs

·
Registered
59 Posts
Bob it looks great i just wait to see what you put on it next i like the wheels alot. Do you notice a difference in the ride at all with the rims and what size are they.

Adam

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Adam,
The only thing left to do is lower it with the lowering bolts. I stayed with 19's so I could keep my run flats and the ride is super, just like it was.:thumbs
I'm really bummed out over the drop in the price of the V. Now I feel like a was taken advantage of.
Red V said:
Bob it looks great i just wait to see what you put on it next i like the wheels alot. Do you notice a difference in the ride at all with the rims and what size are they.

Adam

·
Registered
333 Posts
Bob,
I've been the first to have to models recently, the new 300C I had 3 weeks before you could buy them because of a deal I made with the president of Chrysler and I had one of the first 05 Mustang GT's in 04. On the 300 I paid sticker, on the Mustang I paid invoice. Sometimes you get it and sometimes it gets you. I know how you feel and it isn't good but just remember you got a car you are crazy about. Deal with your 04 get that behind you and enjoy your V. What price they sell at down the road, who knows. As far as I'm concerned the 83K V with 1K on the odo disturbs me more than the V's being sold at 95K. :skep

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yeah i no they are dropping so fast but thats because how many people wanna pay 6 figures for a cadillac that is the one bad thing anyone said about the car but i think its a great deal they are nicer then the 125K sl55 and they are just as fast i think they were reasonally priced but who knows.

Adam

G

·
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
WE are fast

Bill--------------just having fun
These cars are just some of the most recent to see my new V exhaust plate.
SL55---wanted to show off with his girl in the car. I have the girl now.:lol
SL500--Wasn't even a race:nono

5M Beamer sedan--He wished he hadn't:nono

Chrysler 300-C Hemi--A real beauty in Black/black windows, big 22 Chrome rims. I waved by by:nono

CO6 shinny red Vette has exhaust fumes all over it. Wanted to know what the hell I had in it. Answer was stock. His reply, NO WAY DUDE!

O' yes, the guy in his Z28 that said he had 410 ponies. His reply was, Jesus, you are really quick.

Others to follow.

I haven't had this much fun since I bought my 69, 428 Ram air, fire breathing Mustang
I'm aliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive again.
Would this come under the heading of bragging? O' Well!

Red V said:
Yeah i no they are dropping so fast but thats because how many people wanna pay 6 figures for a cadillac that is the one bad thing anyone said about the car but i think its a great deal they are nicer then the 125K sl55 and they are just as fast i think they were reasonally priced but who knows.

Adam

·
Registered
259 Posts
standby said:
I'm really bummed out over the drop in the price of the V. Now I feel like a was taken advantage of.
There was a price drop on the XLR-V from its $100k sticker?

Did I miss something? Whats the new price on it?

·
Registered
333 Posts
deadringer said:
There was a price drop on the XLR-V from its $100k sticker?

Did I miss something? Whats the new price on it?
No we are talking what dealers are selling them at vs MSRP.

·
Registered
259 Posts
standby said:
Bill,
That windbaffle was on my 04 and I had a Cadillac crest where the V badge is now.
Do you have the part number for the V-Badge? I think I want to order one for my XLR-V as well... :)

G

·
Discussion Starter #19
Sorry, I threw the bag out that they came in, but just ask parts to order what you need. They are all the same. Call them, two days you'll have them. About $45

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts