Cadillac XLR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well folks, I'm a new member of this elite group. Picked up my USED '05 Crimson pearl XLR yesterday. (hey, they knocked 7k off for the 1300 miles on the clock).
Traded in the '99 Prowler. What a difference in ride! :). As someone earlier said, this car has a learning curve that will take some time to master. Any other Marylander's on this list?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Used?

What's the story behind a used 05?

It is best to read through the manual about 2 times at least, and then survey the various strings in this forum - you will potnetially learn things that are not in the manual.

G

·
harry yarnell said:
Well folks, I'm a new member of this elite group. Picked up my USED '05 Crimson pearl XLR yesterday. (hey, they knocked 7k off for the 1300 miles on the clock).
Traded in the '99 Prowler. What a difference in ride! :). As someone earlier said, this car has a learning curve that will take some time to master. Any other Marylander's on this list?
Welcome Harry,
Yes, the curve is enormeous and still learning. I already have the crimson pearl V on order for MSRP when it's available. Driving an 04 platnium.
If we can be any help with the programming, don't hesitate to ask. We are all learning together. a few tricks & codes are available, such as watching the DVD while the car is in motion. (passenger only...........Please)
Good luck with the new baby & Happy New Year

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Allegedly the dealer (Lexus of Towson) said the first owner bought the XLR in mid Oct, traded it in for an Lexus suv (go figure) in mid Nov. All investigations I could do, showed this to be true. Takes all kinds.
Apparently the 4 year warranty will transfer to the new owner (me).Being an aging mechanic (with a strong electronic backround), I find troubleshooting and physically working on todays cars, almost painfull, and the XLR is probably no service delight. I bought the NO time limit warranty for $1700. The caveat here is 60k miles. By that time, I'll be dead.

G

·
Hey Eyedoc............you forgot to tell him to tell his wife where he is when he goes out to sit in the car and figure everything out. This is not like putting 4 legs on a table. I've been known to be gone for two hours and a 1/4 tank of gas and never leave the driveway............yea! she believed me.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Eyedoc??!! Wait a minute, the sales person said the previous owner was an opthamologist, or optometrist---------

·
Registered
370 Posts
Ophth - Yes

Well, I am an ophthalmologist down in Metro DC, but I still have my Crimson Pearl (3400 miles since April 04).

Looks like you might be in Baltimore. There is another Crimson Pearl up in Leesburg, VA (we have not neeb able to hook up for a picture).

Maybe we can try for all three somewhere in DC. I've been thinking about a good location (but so many of the monuments are under construction). The Iwo Jima Memorial came to mind (parkinbg lot, might be able to pull it off).

Yea, it is worth spending some time in the driveway with the motor running to check all the gadgets out (make sure the driveway is flat if you lower the roof, it can get stuck if not on level ground).

G

·
EyeDoc,
Standby is in Sunny, mild, warm, sometimes hot during the winter, Southern California. That would be a long drive for me to meet you guys at Iwo Jima Memorial.
Thanks for the info on putting the top down on a hill.
Ps. I have the Platninum 04 (see below)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts