Cadillac XLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Father is the proud new owner of a blk/blk XLR-V. He picked it up today in KC, MO. He brought it over to my house tonight and wow....am I impressed with its looks to begin with. I took it on a quick loop, out a back road to a major interstate, replete with cloverleaf interaction. :yesnod

Never took it above 4k rpm to ensure proper break in...and reminded him of all that was necessary as OCD car nuts go...hehe...but I was quite impressed with its low end grunt.

I want to know though....the intake looks restrictive, and the stock manifolds, while not bad (similar to Z06 manifolds) - look like they would benefit from some 1.75 in. long tubes.

How about cat-backs available for the XLR? I am sure he'd want something quiet and not obnoxious like my Z06 (Borla Stinger), what all is out there that is quiet but would give him a nice gain?

I'd want to do intake/headers/exhaust and a dyno-tune and then have them drop the car about an inch....perfect!! Seems like it should be easy to go from 440 and some change (crank) to 480 or 490 with some freer breathing...

Hook a Vette guy up with the scoop as far as the right mods to do with this thing...

Ill try and post pics within the next day or two....

G

·
Boy if you know a way to push this to 480 or 490, I sure would like to know how. I don't think even 2" exhaust would do that. BTW, you do know it can be dropped that much with an adjustment on the car. There's threads here telling how to do this. Tell Dad, Good Luck
Bob

Z06Modder said:
My Father is the proud new owner of a blk/blk XLR-V. He picked it up today in KC, MO. He brought it over to my house tonight and wow....am I impressed with its looks to begin with. I took it on a quick loop, out a back road to a major interstate, replete with cloverleaf interaction. :yesnod

Never took it above 4k rpm to ensure proper break in...and reminded him of all that was necessary as OCD car nuts go...hehe...but I was quite impressed with its low end grunt.

I want to know though....the intake looks restrictive, and the stock manifolds, while not bad (similar to Z06 manifolds) - look like they would benefit from some 1.75 in. long tubes.

How about cat-backs available for the XLR? I am sure he'd want something quiet and not obnoxious like my Z06 (Borla Stinger), what all is out there that is quiet but would give him a nice gain?

I'd want to do intake/headers/exhaust and a dyno-tune and then have them drop the car about an inch....perfect!! Seems like it should be easy to go from 440 and some change (crank) to 480 or 490 with some freer breathing...

Hook a Vette guy up with the scoop as far as the right mods to do with this thing...

Ill try and post pics within the next day or two....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would assume you could drop it on the stock ride height bolts like on my Z06. I wouldnt go beyond that much of a drop on my car let alone his...

Ill take before and after....assuming he lets me drop it...

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
The Cat-backs for the standard XLR will fit the V. I put Borlas on mine, but the Corsas should give you the sound you want.
The ride height bolts on your Z06 are the same as on the V, there's an inch of adjustment there.
Haven't looked into intake mods yet and nobody's making headers I know of. Pully change on the SC has been mentioned, but we're in vergin territory here, very few Vs are out and far fewer are getting modified.
If pops lets you wrench on his....keep us posted!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Pics

Sorry my camera wasnt doing too well with the lighting....his interior shots came out real light, grayish looking, the interior is quite a bit darker in person...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts