Cadillac XLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since there has been a lot of discussion regarding 2005 changes there will be just 3 enhancements.

1: Will be the deletion of the Thunder Gray Exterior Color. If any of you have ordered that color with your dealer the last date of production for Thunder Gray will be April 20th

2: Will be the addition of Blue Steel exterior color.

3: Will be an additional choice of Dark Eucalyptus or the Light Eucalyptus that is currently on the XLR.

In regard to production:
There will be a slated production of 4700 units that is about 900 more than the 3800 slated for this year. The 3800 is a total of 1700 vehicles for the 2003 calendar year and about 2100 for the balance of the 2004 model. That represents a 25% decrease in production due to the late start up.

www.Cadillac-XLR.com

·
Registered
105 Posts
Mr. XLR can u post a picture of the steel blue and new wood color? Also do u have any ideas on what color the XLRv will be offered?

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LB

The Blue Steel will be available to view in the May time frame when early 2005 ordering info is released to the dealers. The same goes for the new Dark Eucalyptus wood. The other way would be to see your dealer and they could show you the section of the video broadcast from the 2005 update where the wood was displayed.

As for the XLR-V Series no official information at this time.

www.Cadillac-XLR.com

·
Registered
169 Posts
What else is new for Caddy 2005

Mr XLR,

What are the changes for the CTS-V, SRX and CTS for 2005 also.

Thanks

·
Registered
43 Posts
The only change information on the CTS-V so far is the availability of the Red Line and Stealth Gray colors.

The SRX and CTS will have a new gold color, CTS order bank shows Moonstone available on the CTS. It also lists a new 2.8 engine. This is just from the order bank information, no formal announcement yet.

·
Registered
49 Posts
We had a GM event yesterday - the STS looks like a slightly larger CTS (I was disappointed), the CTS-V is the way to go if you like the CTS styling - the new Vette (to me) looks cheap compared to the current C5 - the XLR stood out head and shoulders above any of the 40 vehicles there. Only issue was the car was Xenon Blue the dealer didnt do a nice buff job so there were swirls when the sun hit the quarter panel.

Regarding the 2005 XLR enhancements - I wonder if they fixed the top problem yet i.e. it sticking during up/down operations.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts