Cadillac XLR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking around for an XLR and stumbled onto a Neiman Marcus special edition. Nearly all the web pics show a gunmetal gray grill but this one is purple like the rest of the car. Does anyone know what the official color of the grill is supposed to be? I’m wondering if an earlier owner painted it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, now the next question is the Neiman grill the same color as the base grill on any other XLR? if I end up getting this one, I’m torn between replacing it with a base grill or looking for a V-style grill.

·
Registered
113 Posts
there were two shades of gray depending on the year plus in 08 they had a chrome instead of gray grille. The bottom part of the grille is about 1/1/2 wide and will need to be painted the color of your car. Very limited number of grilles left. No one makes the v style anymore not GM or any aftermarket so you will be looking for a good used one. they do show up on ebay from time to time for around 400-500 for the upper and 100-150 for the lower .to me the lower is not needed. looks better without it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess I could always repaint it back to the original color….

1 - 6 of 6 Posts