Cadillac XLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys names Robert my girlfriend has an 04 XLR the coolant light keeps coming on. What kind of coolant do i need to use? Can i use the stuff at autozone that is GM approved?

Thanks
Robert

·
Premium Member
1,948 Posts
First WELCOME TO THE XLR FORUM!!!

We have a lot of great members here and I think you will find over time that the information will prove to be useful as well.

Regarding your radiator fluid question, I would call or stop by a Dealership and either have them top it off if it needs it (there may be a issue with the low coolant detector) OR ask them what kind you can use. There are lots of products out in the market that claim to be for the XLR but if you get the infor form them it will be correct.

Regards

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright thanks I was told that you could use the coolant from autozone that is GM approved. But ill give the dealer a call. Yeah she has had the car for about a year now. We had the coolant relay changed two or three diffrent times. But now its out of warranty so we are going to try this before we pay to have another one changed out. I dont know much about these cars. I have a 95 Eclipse AWD Turbo with alot of mods and these cars are a diffrent world to me.

Well i look forward to getting to know everyone here. You guys do and kind of meets or anything?

·
Premium Member
1,948 Posts
Alright thanks I was told that you could use the coolant from autozone that is GM approved. But ill give the dealer a call. Yeah she has had the car for about a year now. We had the coolant relay changed two or three diffrent times. But now its out of warranty so we are going to try this before we pay to have another one changed out. I dont know much about these cars. I have a 95 Eclipse AWD Turbo with alot of mods and these cars are a diffrent world to me.

Well i look forward to getting to know everyone here. You guys do and kind of meets or anything?
Well if the coolant relay has been changed it just may be that. I wouldn't put anything in to the coolant area until I was sure that the level was really low and that it was the "right stuff". It is surprising that the relay has failed that much. I have a 2004 and never have had a issue with it. I don't think that I have seen a post here about onother failer either.....interesting.

Events and Meets: I don't know where you are located but the membership here is spread out all over the country. If you will look in the Events section you will see a gathering at Sebring, FL, a trip to the Biltmore in the North Carolina mountains, a gatering in Miami and lastly we are awaiting some additional information before posting the date, time and specifics for a possible trip to the plant in Bowling Green, KY.

Regards

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 7 of 7 Posts