Cadillac XLR Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
GM auction purchase price

I'm a brand-new member, considering a purchase of a used V. Can you share what your auction purchase price was, and any positive/negative experience surrounding it? Is the auction only open to dealers?

In addition, I'd welcome any comments concerning the availability of Vs in the next six months or so. I would expect more would be coming off leases, therefore increasing used market volume and decreasing prices. Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
i
I bought it thru a dealer friend of mine. Lowest price in Feb for V that was availible. Was off lease bought by another dealer. The orginal lease owner did nothing to keep the car in perfect condition. I had 24 warranty claims, little things but important to the overall condition of the car. Not sure if I would do another that way. It is a hass]le to get correct parts thur GM Direct, not real sure what you are going to get when you order. E Bay numbers are close, not many selling......You need to pick one and work the dealer hard on E Bay. The car is terrific and a steal at anything less than $40,000 with some warranty remaining. Good luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
You may also want to check and see if a free update is available for the car. I have an 06 and just received my free update Nav Disc from GM. I believe all XLRs are due 1 or 2 updated Nav DVDs as part of their warranty. Check the threads on this site for more info on this.
The updated disc should be available at not cost from the dealer. I have an 06XLR-V that had the 04 disc. Dealer got me the 06 one and that is the latest update as I understand it.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts