Cadillac XLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
new to forum, just brought from GM Auction 06 XLR V which is missing Nav Disk. Can anyone tell me what and where I might get a replacement. Thanks and look forward to learning more. FJB

·
Registered
190 Posts
You may also want to check and see if a free update is available for the car. I have an 06 and just received my free update Nav Disc from GM. I believe all XLRs are due 1 or 2 updated Nav DVDs as part of their warranty. Check the threads on this site for more info on this.

·
Premium Member
1,948 Posts
Also there may be a Version 6 still available form ocool in the Parts For Sale posting area.

If you want to you can post a message in the Parts Wanted Section and see what turns up.

I may have to be corrected but Version3 came with the 2004's and the releases progressed up to Version 6 or 7 I think.

IF you buy anywhere---please be sure the NAV disk is specifically for a XLR. The ones for Escalade, CTS, STS or DTS do not work.

Regards

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
2006 XLR V Door Pannels

Just got my 06 V. Shale interior. Door Panels worn with one burn mark. Does anyone know if you can buy the inserts from GM or do you need entire door panel. Thanks FJB

·
Registered
168 Posts
Just got my 06 V. Shale interior. Door Panels worn with one burn mark. Does anyone know if you can buy the inserts from GM or do you need entire door panel. Thanks FJB
I own a collision repair business in Billings, MT... I show the shale insert panel available separate from the door panel - for an '06 V it retails at $258.16.
Left side Part #15277536, Right side part #15277532. You could order from your Cadillac dealer... he will probably need your VIN to assure part correctness.

Rod AKA mtrocket

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info on Door Inserts

Got another one for you. The metal trim around the shifter has a number of small dents in it. Do you know whether just the metal trim can be ordered without the wood doors. They are in great shape. Thank God the body is perfect. Whoever owned it didn't treat the inside kindly. Thanks FJB

·
Registered
190 Posts
I had the whole console assembly replaced on my 06 under warranty due to a broken hinge on the swing-up door, but I believe I remember several members replacing just the metal part due to dents. Do a search of this site and see what you find. I think there may even be some 'how to's' in one of the posts.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Got another one for you. The metal trim around the shifter has a number of small dents in it. Do you know whether just the metal trim can be ordered without the wood doors. They are in great shape. Thank God the body is perfect. Whoever owned it didn't treat the inside kindly. Thanks FJB
I am assuming you are talking about the carbon fiber trim plate. Alas, it is only available with the upper console assembly at a whopping retail of $991.25. Mine has a couple scrathes but I have decided I can live with them...

·
Registered
190 Posts
I am assuming you are talking about the carbon fiber trim plate. Alas, it is only available with the upper console assembly at a whopping retail of $991.25. Mine has a couple scrathes but I have decided I can live with them...[/quote

As I noted above, check this site: http://allgmparts.net/xlr.html. They list the trim ring with a note to 'call for price.' Most other console items are listed with prices including the entire assembly.

Good luck!

Jon

·
Registered
168 Posts
I checked with allgmparts.com... the reason the price is not listed is because the only way this piece is available is with the uppper console. OUCH!! Don't understand either, since it's eadily replaceable. Maybe someday I'll find a nice one.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I've done google searches on "XLR interior parts", called the yards and have come up empty-handed. One of these days, I'll get lucky...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Door Panels

Checked for Panels (Shale) on GM Direct, all on back order, not sure if GM will make any more. Any ideas on anyone else having them. Mine has aburn whole from previous owner.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Checked for Panels (Shale) on GM Direct, all on back order, not sure if GM will make any more. Any ideas on anyone else having them. Mine has aburn whole from previous owner.
Owning a collision repair shop, I have access to a nationwide dealer network search; I put in the part numbers I have listed and came up emptyhanded. I would say your best bet would be, as XLR I FL said, to try an uphostery shop that specializes in interior and trim work.

Rod aka mtrocket

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Got the Nav Disk

Thanks everyone, calledl the GM Disk folks and thet sent me one, no charge pleasent surprise. Radio is being replaced this week, no AM Reception. Most of the other tweaks have been made. Looking forward to gettinng car back to enjoy. Sure there will be other things that pop up. This forum has been very helpful....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts