Cadillac XLR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,142 Posts
Old news, that article was written back in March....
before you so kindly posted the 100k Forbes article in April.

What is it you have against the XLR anyway?

Still bitter about buying that Allante in '91??
 
G

·
Rats in the attic

Sound to me like a day trader. These are the tactics they use to diminish the value of a stock. If you don't have something nice to say.........WELL, you know the saying.
1_XLR said:
Old news, that article was written back in March....
before you so kindly posted the 100k Forbes article in April.

What is it you have against the XLR anyway?

Still bitter about buying that Allante in '91??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
234 Posts
I was in the dealership last week - oil change & balance. Talked to a salesman and they only had one XLR... with a sale pending on that. He said they can't keep them in stock and wished they could get more.

Your results may vary.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Not many for sale in Northern Virginia, either!

Earlier this year, Lindsay Cadillac (Alexandria, Virginia) had about four XLR's sitting around unsold for several months. They now have none.

Moore Cadillac in Vienna, Virginia, had a good half-dozen XLRs available earlier this year. They're now down to three.

Looks like they're selling pretty briskly around here!

Allyn
 
G

·
Nice avatar, Caly
Caly said:
I was in the dealership last week - oil change & balance. Talked to a salesman and they only had one XLR... with a sale pending on that. He said they can't keep them in stock and wished they could get more.

Your results may vary.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
477 Posts
High fuel prices taking their toll?

Allante doesn't really understand the audience here on this forum. Does he think he's damaging our morale? Questioning our decision to buy an XLR? He must be nuts!

Right now all the major lux brands are struggling with their high end cars.

M-B can't hardly give away the S class, BMW 7 series is a bow-wow. All these expensive cars are struggling. The hottest thing going in the industry is BMW's Mini - and its a great car. Last year, it was the PT Criuser, before that the New Beetle. This year the T-bird got cancelled.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=10000100&sid=al0YrKmH1z7Y&refer=germany

It is a reality that $2+ fuel prices "knock out" a lot of fringe players for super luxury cars. Before someone calls me "snooty", I argue that its just a fact. Remember what happened in the '70s? A lot of people let themselves get really leveraged when it come to their ride.

We, here on this forum, already own XLRs. Decreasing production means our cars stay rare - a situation I like.

GM is committed to continuing the XLR, and it's really never going to be a big seller. And I'm OK with that.

I would like to know why Allante91 has an axe to grid with the XLR. Does he work for Ford?


PS - What is Caly's new avatar?
 
G

·
I would agree with you, that it's ok that we don't see ourselfs coming and going on the freeway. It makes us unique.

Caly's avatar? huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum!..........I would say:
"Egyptian Hieroglyphics". Maybe Caly will share

aviator said:
Allante doesn't really understand the audience here on this forum. Does he think he's damaging our morale? Questioning our decision to buy an XLR? He must be nuts!


We, here on this forum, already own XLRs. Decreasing production means our cars stay rare - a situation I like.

GM is committed to continuing the XLR, and it's really never going to be a big seller. And I'm OK with that.

I would like to know why Allante91 has an axe to grid with the XLR. Does he work for Ford?


PS - What is Caly's new avatar?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
234 Posts
I think the strategy of sharing parts and production with Corvette is a brilliant move that will make it possible to sustain a low production car. I think they will stay in production for a while.

BTW... the avitor is hieroglyphics for "Wizard Deluxe"... a longer story.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top