Cadillac XLR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
To all on the XLR forum:

It's 8:00pm on Christmas eve, and what to my wondering eyes should appear?

Snow! In Houston Texas. Simply amazing! It 28 degrees in Kingwood, and the fire is crackling. (OK it's really gas logs. I'm an oil patch guy, remember?)

The stockings are hung, all presents are bought, the bride is busying around preparing for our kids and grandkids arrival tomorrow and the XLR is all snug in its garage with the patio plants that I'm trying to keep from freezing.

The holidays are always very special to me, and I just wanted to wish all of you a very Merry Christmas, and for you all to have the fullest blessings of this holiday season.

Aviator :party

·
Banned
0 Posts
I love it, patio plants in the garage for the winter. Here in central CA the temps go from 108 degrees in the summer to the low 20's in the winter. From early spring to late fall you can drop the top on your car, however when the fog rolls in its just too cold for me and my many, many tropical patio plants. They all make the move (those that can, some stay and get covered most of the winter) to the garage.

G

·
Hey, Merry Chritmas to all
Just wanted to let you guys in the area of changing seasons know that I haven't found the button to put my top up yet. OK,.....I Just do it once in a while to watch jaws drop. I know that's bad. Average temp during the winter days are 65 degrees.
My Grand Prix Daytona 500 GTP Pace Car, (that's a mouthful) is very sad because I never take her out. Think I'll find a new home for her. Someone would really enjoy this super nice car.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
standby said:
Hey, Merry Chritmas to all
Just wanted to let you guys in the area of changing seasons know that I haven't found the button to put my top up yet.
I had trouble finding it as well, but the bride? She found it right away. The top is up 90% of the time she is in the car. The hair CANNOT be messed up! :cry

I've tried ball caps (hat head), scarves (blow off), rolling up windows (doesn't work). I have not, however, suggested a short haircut and one of those "messed up" looking "dos". Conflict avoidance. :glol

G

·
Put one of those wind deflecters on the back of your head rests, put up the windows and she might just think she's on the beach at Miami. You just need to know how to make it her idea. :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Funny You should mention that

Hi Standby - funny you should mention that.
No need to put your XLR top up all winter; use the Wind Baffle wind deflector It is a perfect New Years surprise gift! Call; for Snow Storm Special prices.

And we have NEW nearly invisible mounting system for light and dark colored rollbars.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Since the weather has turned and its offically winter I decided to remove my Wind Baffle for the season. I was very disappointed to find that there was several cracks in the plexiglass around each of the fastener slots. They are bad enough that I will not be re-mounting the Baffle next year. :mad :cuss

·
Registered
39 Posts
Balancing out wind turbulance over 80 mph

A taller windblocker panel would look terrible and not help further.
Already tested .
But you need to turn the heater to a comfortable temp with the floor & face vents open with a moderate speed fan selected. Voila!! The rest of air turbulence can then balanced out at most velocities for any temperature.
**With light snow just keep moving more than 35 mph.
Thanks for your feedback! Happy & Healthy New Year

·
Registered
136 Posts
Post Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Dear Fellow XLR Owners,

I trust all of you had a Very Merry Christmas and I want to extend my Very Best Wishes to All of You for a Very Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year!!!!!!

DFXLR

:flag :flag :flag :nopity :nopity :nopity :party :party :seeya :seeya :seeya :lurk

·
Banned
0 Posts
Standby:

I've not yet contacted Dr. Bob concerning the cracks, but rest assured I will. I believe the "new, improved model" is constructed of considerably thicker material and I believe I now know why................

Thanks.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Cracks

Hi MSwain and Standby, Please give me a call Wednesday or Thursday I would like to evaluate the cracks. It should not occur with the standard thickness Windbaffle. All our models are made of high quality polycarbonate (Lexan). It can't be broken with even with a hammer etc. I will show it to my manufacturer and certainly make good on it. 888-4-NO-WIND

As far as the heater in 65 degrees I wish we had that in NY; it's around 17 right now.
The fan speed set to moderate - it builds up the cocckpit air pressure so that at higher speeds (>75mph) the backdraft is less likely to blow in behind your windows. (Use dash vents or bilevel setting for this.) This works for my car and my friend"s XLR beautifully.

Bob :flag A Healthy New Year to ALL!!

·
Banned
0 Posts
Windbaffle Update

I received a call this morning from Dr. Bob concerning the cracks in my Windbaffle. It was a pleasant surprise since I was not planning on calling him until after the Holiday break.

He was genuinely concerned and has offered to send me a replacement as soon as my original unit makes it back to him for inspection.

I must dial back my earlier description of the unit though, when I first took it off I was in a hurry and did not inspect it as well as I should have.

The cracks are only present on two of the mounting slots and interestingly enough, the same two slots - the ones closest to the center of the unit (on either end). There is a total of four cracks, two for each slot and they are between a half inch and three quarters of an inch in length.

When I spoke with Bob I mistakenly described the cracks as being associated with the slots closest to the ends of the unit - my apologies for that error.

It makes more sense to me that the cracks be where they are, since that is where the unit is exposed to the most stress, although Bob assures me it should not have cracked, no matter how much it appears to flex as the wind hits it.

I checked the unit over very closely and cannot find any other signs of cracking or scuffing from where the unit mounts against the roll bars.

I also have to say that I have always liked the unit and found that it does help quite a bit. In fact, the reason it took me so long to find the problem is due to the fact I leave the unit in place most of the year since our "winter" here is pretty mild, all things considered.

In this day and age of mass-produced products and nameless, faceless companies, it was really nice to speak with a person who truly believes in their product and is willing to stand behind it so aggressively.

Thanks again Bob! :thumbs :thumbs

·
Registered
39 Posts
Mark,
It was a real pleasure speaking to you, from one true car buff to another. We do aim to please and will make good on your Windbaffle..
I am looking forward to speaking to you again.
Have a safe New Years. With Best regards to the XLR forum. Bob

1 - 13 of 13 Posts