Cadillac XLR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does XLR stand for something? Is it simply a marketing acronym? My colleagues at th University have already reminded me it's an audio connector.
 
G

·
That was one of my first questions when I bought mine and according to the owner of my dealership, XLR stands for eXtreme Luxury Roadster. (sounds good to me):D

harry yarnell said:
Does XLR stand for something? Is it simply a marketing acronym? My colleagues at th University have already reminded me it's an audio connector.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
harry yarnell said:
Does XLR stand for something? Is it simply a marketing acronym? My colleagues at th University have already reminded me it's an audio connector.
Sorry, that is not right. The naming strategy is as follows for XLR:

"X" Series Luxury Roadster

Hope this helps you :glol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
234 Posts
lady_phoenix said:
Sorry, that is not right. The naming strategy is as follows for XLR:

"X" Series Luxury Roadster

Hope this helps you :glol
Does that mean the V-series will be a VLR?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,144 Posts
G

·
In Harry's case it's an eXported Luxury Roadster.

On the serious side, which I don't really think there could be a serious side to this discussion. Lady Phoenix...............I don't mind being wrong, but I did clarify where I obtained my information.............you, however did not.?????????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Apparently there are no media or electronic types on this list, as nobody's commented on the audio connector comment. In the audio visual/television business, there is an Amphenol audio connector called an XLR connector. It's a class connector, I might add.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,142 Posts
harry yarnell said:
Apparently there are no media or electronic types on this list, as nobody's commented on the audio connector comment. In the audio visual/television business, there is an Amphenol audio connector called an XLR connector. It's a class connector, I might add.

Ive come across them several times doing web searches
.....wouldn't have a clue what to do with one!
 
G

·
OK Lady Phoenix,
I sure would like to hear your explanation of why your so right and I'm so wrong concerning what XLR means. Would you care to back up your statement? I mean you just made a blanket statment that I was wrong. You can't do that unless you back it up.
right guys?
 
G

·
Thanks Robin,
It wasn't anything about being right or wrong, it was the way Lady P denounced me without any evidence before the court. Thank you for the side bar.
Do you have a particular place or page in that book for me to view the meaning? I know there is a lot of reading in that book and I would guess that you don't remember where it made mention of the meaning of XLR.
Thanks again
Bob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Robin said:
Standy
I Beleave the Hard Cover BOOK we all got about the Making of the XLR backs you UP. Robin
You are right. It isn't about being right or wrong. But just for your info, this was a quote from the media.gm. com website where they are quoting the naming strategy when the SRX was introduced:

The SRX name is consistent with the Cadillac product naming strategy. The first letter denotes the series. The second and third letters stand for “reconfigurable” and “crossover.”

Here is the title of the story for reference:

Cadillac SRX - All New Luxury Crossover Vehicle

http://www.media.gm.com/division/cadillac/

Thus X stands for X-Class, L for Luxury and R for Roadster. Have a great day! :glol :glol
 
G

·
Thank you L.P. for the information. Indeed I have checked my source as well and have confirmed that it is indeed the X series Luxury Roadster.
As you read in my posts, I was a bit miffed that you didn't qualify where you got the information and just told me my fly was unzipped..........NO HARM, NO FOUL
THanks
lady_phoenix said:
You are right. It isn't about being right or wrong. But just for your info, this was a quote from the media.gm. com website where they are quoting the naming strategy when the SRX was introduced:

The SRX name is consistent with the Cadillac product naming strategy. The first letter denotes the series. The second and third letters stand for “reconfigurable” and “crossover.”

Here is the title of the story for reference:

Cadillac SRX - All New Luxury Crossover Vehicle

http://www.media.gm.com/division/cadillac/

Thus X stands for X-Class, L for Luxury and R for Roadster. Have a great day! :glol :glol
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
0 Posts
lady_phoenix said:
You are right. It isn't about being right or wrong. But just for your info, this was a quote from the media.gm. com website where they are quoting the naming strategy when the SRX was introduced:

The SRX name is consistent with the Cadillac product naming strategy. The first letter denotes the series. The second and third letters stand for “reconfigurable” and “crossover.”

Here is the title of the story for reference:

Cadillac SRX - All New Luxury Crossover Vehicle

http://www.media.gm.com/division/cadillac/

Thus X stands for X-Class, L for Luxury and R for Roadster. Have a great day! :glol :glol
HeHehe.......I guess that's one way to back up your statement. :thumbs
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
standby said:
Thank you L.P. for the information. Indeed I have checked my source as well and have confirmed that it is indeed the X series Luxury Roadster.
As you read in my posts, I was a bit miffed that you didn't qualify where you got the information and just told me my fly was unzipped..........NO HARM, NO FOUL
THanks
Your fly was unzipped? Ooops! Didn't mean to look when I wasn't supposed to, but the look was well worth it. No hard feelings? :leaving
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top