Cadillac XLR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to turn them off. I'm talking about the two, mirror-mounted map lights that normally go off slowly once the car locks itself. I've tried the switches to no avail. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
484 Posts
Map Lights

Did you turn off the switch , that is located on the right side of the instrument cluster, It is in the section of buttons that has a picture of the sun on it. It turns on all the interior lights.

Allen

[url]www.Cadillac-XLR.com[/url]

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Allen, makes you wonder how I lived this long, considering how dumb that was............I guess I bumped the switch at some point. :seeya

·
Registered
484 Posts
Interior Light Switch

Please dont call yourself dumb, it is not your job to find things on your XLR. I dont claim to know how to do brain surgery or figure out the legal loophole in court. But I feel VERY strongly about how some dealers accross the country would let a client that just paid about $80,000.00 for their XLR (with taxes) and not give them the time & personal care to even go over the basics!

I dont expect each dealer to run their XLR business the way I do, making sure each client knows how to program his Nav System and his array of personalization features. But the least they can do is spend a few hours going over the basics & the critical features such as the emergency pocket in the glove box.

Thank You
Allen

www.Cadillac-XLR.com

·
Registered
304 Posts
Allen with all your insite and help to everyone here I say THANK YOU. I just wish I lived near you and/or and gotten my car from you. My dealer was good and I got it a fair price but he just sold me a car.. I don't know of any dealer that can hold a candle to you. Again thanks for all you input on this site..
Blaise :party

·
Registered
484 Posts
Thank you for your thoughts

Blaise:
Thank you for the nice comments, I answer questions and help out because it is the right thing to do. If someone purchases an XLR and their dealer lets them down then Cadillac let them down. My thoughts are you will gain a greater appreciation of the XLR and of Cadillac if I can help out.

Just maybe when someone that is ready to order their next XLR or even that special model (that I cant discuss) they will remember how helpful I try to be.

Thank you Again

Allen

www.Cadillac-XLR.com

·
Registered
370 Posts
Time

Yes, I have learned several thing from Allen and from this forum that I could not from the Manual.

My dealer did a fair job (after a bumpy start) but only spent about 30 mintues going over things when I picked up the XLR. They did show me the key access on the rear bumper, but did not mention the fob dock inside the glove box nor suggest showing me the manual top function.

Just a thought for Troy - Would it be possible to colect all the "tidbits" from various strings and publish them in one place? Maybe even a downloadable Woprd document that would be updated.

For Allen - I have found some of the small pictures in the manual to be less than helpful, because you can't tell where they are (and the text sometimes is not specific). Maybe two pictures, a larger one for reference and a smaller (or inset) one with the details.

Or, another choice would be for Cadillac to have an online tutorial. I would have to think that most XLR buyers have access to the internet, and you can do some much more with an interactive website than with a paper manual (which is also expensive to edit and produce).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts