Cadillac XLR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Show the wife took the 2005 XL are out today lost key fobs instead of calling me she calls the wrecker service and all hell has broken loose they didn't flat bit they told it now my Magnetic suspensions to villa track the whole 9 yd is flashing codes and restricted to 80 mile an hour setting on the governor my trunk won't open the top won't go downh 122000 miles I love it but OH MY GOD what have I got myself any help would be greatly appreciated.... Also about every 1000 miles on having to add a quart of oil I have no leaks appearing in my drive it's not smoking I don't have any residual buildup on the back side of the car where the hell is it going

·
Registered
30 Posts
well first Iwould say that your trunk arear was partially full of water where the suspension and top modules are located or either they towed it in the rain at an angle .not sure of some of your statements above "they didnt flat bit"? I would guess if they loaded it on a roll back with a very steep angle the water in the trunk compartment got into the modules and shorted the mout .you can check the duck bil ldrain undert he drivers side rear floor behind the hweel. if its there and stuck and when you remove it, water comes out thats your problem. As far as oil, if you add it an a quart a 1000 miles is a little too much. maybe a quart in 2000 would nto show except on start up but these cars are known to leak oil around the oil pan and the front camshaft covers. we need to know a little more about how did they load it . did they manage to get it out of gear without the fob? More questions than answers aty this point

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry for Typo's
...Well, they got in the car and found the fob But she had already left with a ride. I DO KNOW they Did NOT flat bed it as they should have. So now the trunk WAS coming open about 10" then closing back immediately. .... now all it will do is click and do nothing. Also does nothing when I try to retract top. And reads Top Motor Over Temp- T/C indicator is lit on dash. Max speed 80 mph posted as well as Service Stabilitrac- Service Ride Control ....and it rides like a ballon in rear now bounces terribly due to know active Magnetic ride control.....

·
Registered
30 Posts
that is the symptoms of both the top module and the suspension modules being wet and shorted out. Sorry to hear that as its around a 4000$ repair. suspension modules are not existant and used bring 2500-3000, top modules are around 850 plus labor. There is a chance you may be able to disonnect the battery for 5 minutes and they reset. very slim chance but worth a try. You need to check the cubby hole in the left rear trunk to see if there is water in there or signs its been wet.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that is the symptoms of both the top module and the suspension modules being wet and shorted out. Sorry to hear that as its around a 4000$ repair. suspension modules are not existant and used bring 2500-3000, top modules are around 850 plus labor. There is a chance you may be able to disonnect the battery for 5 minutes and they reset. very slim chance but worth a try. You need to check the cubby hole in the left rear trunk to see if there is water in there or signs its been wet.
How do o get the trunk open . I got No key for the lock when I bought the car

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How do o get the trunk open . I got No key for the lock when I bought the car
Well, I found the rubber drain ports under the car, driver side coming out of a square shape on bottom of the trunk., and YES WATER POURING OUT !!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I dont know how to get the trunk open.... I read about a hidden key lock location, however the csr only came with a Fob....m

·
Registered
38 Posts
It appears you may need to either use the vin# to get one from a Cadillac dealer or have a locksmith make a key for you. That's the only manual way to open the trunk I've heard so far.

·
Registered
30 Posts
agree with the above. no way to break into the trunk without major damage without a key. the dealer can order one by vin and proof of ownership. Any GM dealer should be able to.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts