Cadillac XLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I guess most if not all the 2004 XLR owners have had some problems with the radiator; but this is beyond anything. :eek
I have changed the pump, the radiator and everything in between. The hoses are checked and everything is running fine not BUT:
When I start the car in the morning, it gives me the LOW COOLANT massage for a minute or so and then disappears; the engine temperature is fine and so everything else. Anybody how can explain this.:banghead :banghead

By the way, i really love this car, it is everything a person wants, it still heads and the ride is WOW, I really love it and aside this issue, it is almost Godly. Kids are proud of having turns riding the car; it is part of the family. :party

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hang on

I have an '05 with less than 18k miles getting the Low Coolant message.

It's still under warranty and has been in the shop for the last week for the problem.

They tell me it's the FUEL PUMP !!!!!! and are waiting for a new one to arrive.

To be fair to them I am also getting a string of other messages "Service Stabletrack"..."Wait for Stabletrack"...Service Fuel System" (at which point the fuel gauge goes to zero and stays there)

I have talked to them several times this week asking the obvious "Are you sure ???"

They say its the recommended fix from the national GM problem line of theirs.

I expect to get the car back in the next day or so. I will keep you posted

Well

It wasn,tthe Fuel Pump but the Fuel Sensor. Apparantly it is on the same circuit as the coolant sensor and if one goes flaky all sorts of lights may come on.

Bye

1 - 5 of 5 Posts