Cadillac XLR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have a 05 Xlr and my top does not work..the part has been discontinued by gm…the dealership can replace the part if I source it.
if you know where I may obtain one that would be greatly appreciated..located in Canada..
thanks, JNK…

·
Registered
59 Posts
its really easy to replace if you are talking about the one on the center console. Go to a body shop and ask them to do it. Will cost 1/3 of what the dealer may charge if they are anything like they are here in the states.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
quoted me one hour labour to get it replaced.. about $130…just need to source the part..

·
Registered
59 Posts
thats what I thought ,You can do it in about 5 minutes .If you have the part a body shop would most likely do it for nothing.
I have a good used one but someone else needed it and was going to make an offer but never got back. It just cost so much for a little part to ship to canada and i would want the old one back

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Let me know if you want to sell it and give me a price including shipping..can ship back the other if you want it..

·
Registered
59 Posts
I am open to offers .I really dont know what its worth. They wont sell one without the whole console cover on ebay

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was quoted 40.00 Canadian by dealership..can figure out shipping and return of 5he one coming out and let me know a price..thanks…with the weather car will be going away in storage in about a month..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts