Cadillac XLR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have information on jacking an XLR on a two or four post lift? The jacking points detailed in the owner's manual are too far front and rear to be accessed by a lift. Are there other points that can support the car?

·
Registered
343 Posts
anyone have information on jacking an XLR on a two or four post lift? The jacking points detailed in the owner's manual are too far front and rear to be accessed by a lift. Are there other points that can support the car?
So far as I am aware, there are no other safe jacking points on the body.
Also, you must bridge at least two ribs at each point when lifting. The underside of the XLR is fragile, do not attempt to lift it incorrectly, serious damage can easily result.

·
Registered
343 Posts
It turns out that I am wrong, at least on a 2004 XLR. According to the service manual there are a number of ways of lifting an XLR.

The preferred method is as I stated, in the attached pdf these are the small areas just behind the front and rear axles.

Option 2 is the two increased shaded areas between the front wheels.

Option 3 is the four small lifting points round the frame of your XLR.

Option 4 is under the wheels.

Ah... there seems to be a technical hitch. I can't attach the 20KB pdf. I'll try as a very poor quality jpeg...
No. I'll have to find out why not.

No joy. I keep getting the error:
"XLR 2004 lifting positions.pdf:
Unable to move/copy file "
Can anyone explain what I am doing wrong? I have tried putting it in My Pictures and also on the Desktop, no joy. It is just 20KB. Thanks.

·
Registered
343 Posts
The picture is too big...I think.
I thought the limit per picture (or attachment) was 100K. This is 20K. Hard to make it any smaller. I have no other uploads either. I have tried both Firefox and IE8, all no joy.

Bit stuck really. Just tried again, still not working.

Lets try a blank word doc.... No, that doesn't work, same error. It is a whole 20K.

·
Premium Member
1,100 Posts
I've expereinced the same issues with trying to upload docs, pdf and pictures as well. I've been on other sites where members upload all manner of media files and it really adds to the enjoyment/educational value of the site for all. Even editing the avatars is challenging. Can something be done?

Words are great. Pictures are even better!

CC :cheers

·
Registered
50 Posts
Well, I was going to attach a 54Kb PDF file showing the lifting points and I get the same message. Unable to upload/copy file. PM me with your e-mail address and I will send it to you that way.

Steven

·
Premium Member
1,948 Posts
Well, I was going to attach a 54Kb PDF file showing the lifting points and I get the same message. Unable to upload/copy file. PM me with your e-mail address and I will send it to you that way.

Steven
My apologies to you, CC and many others regarding a simple process to download pictures. I have tried to get this resolved for us and so far am not having any luck.

I am working on it with the owners and the tech's and hope for a solution soon.

Regards

Jerry

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
1,100 Posts
Good luck Jerry, I hope you are able to resolve this issue. Being able to painlessly upload photos and documents would make a great site so much better! Pictures are indeed worth a thousand words!

--From my own personal experience, anytime I perform any major work on my car, I document the whole process with pictures and redline the shop manual. It would be nice to be able to share some of it here.

CC :seeya

1 - 12 of 12 Posts