Cadillac XLR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Key fob.Over the years, has become pretty beat up looking. Broken ring etc..But seems to work great. Can the innards be transferred to a new case? and avoid repgramming.?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Check, ACDelco, keyfobprgramming instructions, (for reprograming 2004-2007 XLR transmitter).
I also purchased two factory new units for about $27.00 each. Be careful of the individual vehicle years as some parts are specific to the model year.
I was just abut to program the transmitters, as the process seems easy as long as you follow the instructions carefully. Good luck. Now if I can only find decent mechanic to find the problem with a sluggish top. The present/ last dealer whacked me for over $1,600.00 to rebuild/ replace the two main lift cylinders, also suggesting one hydraulic hose "may" be leaking.
Nothing changed except the balance in my checking account. with the dealer now saying two or more hoses seem to be leaking; and- and- and you must order 4 hoses, (a kit) costing in excess of $700.00 and he goes on attempting to dazzle me with bullshit remarking if the there is a problem with "relearn"- then I will need to replace switches.
Anyone of you who is not independently rich, living near central MA - let me know about a decent repair facility ,,, Thanks !

·
Registered
2008 Platinum Cadillac XLR
2 Posts
I bought a new case (ebay) last year and transferred the #1 innards to it. Works great but is missing the Cadillac logo. No one notices but me because it's usually in my pocket or near my XLR that is more interesting to look at anyway! It is a ROYAL pain to reprogram fob #1. Adding fob #3 was easy. The number one fob controls the #1 seat position which is easy to change but also the delayed door locking which doesn't seem to work with #3. My dealer wanted $150 to reprogram so new $3 case without logo was my fix.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Key fob.Over the years, has become pretty beat up looking. Broken ring etc..But seems to work great. Can the innards be transferred to a new case? and avoid repgramming.?
There is a company in Oregon called Top hydraulics in Oregon that is great. They will help you troubleshoot and have all the parts you need. Mind you, you have to do the work yourself of find a machanic that will work with them but I had a leaking cylinder and a new one was $200 and I changed it myself in an hour.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes, you can swap out the circuit card to another fob. I have done this several times. I have some extra fobs, so if you can't find a good fob, let me know and I can sell you one for what I paid plus shipping. Mine are original 2008/2009 fobs. Earlier models are different.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Check, ACDelco, keyfobprgramming instructions, (for reprograming 2004-2007 XLR transmitter).
I also purchased two factory new units for about $27.00 each. Be careful of the individual vehicle years as some parts are specific to the model year.
I was just abut to program the transmitters, as the process seems easy as long as you follow the instructions carefully. Good luck. Now if I can only find decent mechanic to find the problem with a sluggish top. The present/ last dealer whacked me for over $1,600.00 to rebuild/ replace the two main lift cylinders, also suggesting one hydraulic hose "may" be leaking.
Nothing changed except the balance in my checking account. with the dealer now saying two or more hoses seem to be leaking; and- and- and you must order 4 hoses, (a kit) costing in excess of $700.00 and he goes on attempting to dazzle me with bullshit remarking if the there is a problem with "relearn"- then I will need to replace switches.
Anyone of you who is not independently rich, living near central MA - let me know about a decent repair facility ,,, Thanks !
Your sjuggish top problem may be low fluid in the reservoir. That's a part of the hydraulic pump. Sort of hard to see without pulling the pump assy.. Don't add just any ATF oil to it. Requires a special Mercedes oil, naturally.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts