Cadillac XLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I am unfamiliar with these posting forgive me if this all sounds repetitive..my concerns are is there ample room with the top up for enough luggage for a weekend getaway(wife and I)..also am looking for a smooth ride..trading in my 2004 Cadillac CTS(sports performance package)..also intend to install(as I did on my CTS) a radar detector..any comments. Thanks for all the excellent useful information.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Top up? Yes, plenty of room.

Top Down? All I can say is I sincerely hope your wife packs lighter than mine.lol

With the top down you can fit two medium-sized duffles or similar bags in the luggage area, however keep in mind that all weekend trips that include your wife also include copious amounts of shopping. This will increase your luggage count, so plan on going, top down, returning, top up.

Good luck, you'll never regret the purchase.

·
Registered
20 Posts
All I can tell you is the car rides like a caddy. Exactly what I was looking for. Smooth as silk even at 125mph. As far as room, there is little with the top down and plenty with it up.

Good luck and enjoy it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
XLR no doubt about it is the best car I have ever owned--much more luxury and ease to drive than my 98 vette roadster one of the other cars I get to enjoy
As to radar system suggest k40 -2000p undetechable-front & rear radar and front laser defuser-just had one added >>>Autosonics of Highland Park, Ill did an unbelieveable installation!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Re: questions reXLR

Thanks for the rapid replies. Appreciate not only the fine advice but reassurance as to the ordering of my 2005 XLR...great forum site with knowlegeable particapants. Thanks again.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2005 price increase

I've been offered the same price,I believe, as last year.Order date has not been confirmed but the dealer is supposed to let me know by this coming Friday,June 25th.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts