Cadillac XLR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
XLR
I think you are correct. I have a friend who is a financial analyst covering the auto industry at a major bank and based on the information that he sent to me as of 2/28, I believe GM built less than 200 XLRs in January and February. If his information is correct, they built 0 XLR's in January, 2007. As of 2/28, the daily sales figure was an average of about 5 vehicles sold. They had something like 125 days supply on hand. So, sales are less than stellar if the information that I have is correct. In a previous post (http://www.xlrforum.com/showthread.php?t=1768), I estimated that there would be fewer than 2000 built for the '07 MY, unless things pick up substantially in the next few months. It's pretty depressing.
Ernie

·
Registered
135 Posts
According to GM's website, for the first two calendar months of 2007, 266 XLR's were shipped to dealers versus 537 for the same two months in 2006, a decrease of 50.5%. The model year information isn't as readily available, but last time I checked it showed a similar percentage reduction.

By comparison, total GM car deliveries were down 13.8% on a year-over-year basis.

G

·
Guys & Gals, They shot themselves in the foot with that $100k outrageous price, but to their advantage, convertible weather is coming up next month and will make the XLR an advantage to buy if they will wheel and deal them.

According to GM's website, for the first two calendar months of 2007, 266 XLR's were shipped to dealers versus 537 for the same two months in 2006, a decrease of 50.5%. The model year information isn't as readily available, but last time I checked it showed a similar percentage reduction.

By comparison, total GM car deliveries were down 13.8% on a year-over-year basis.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Production Data Update

Here's the information on XLR production through March 2007 with the comparative data for 2006:

Model-Year-To-Date
  • 2007 - 1,219
  • 2006 - 3,190
This represents a reduction of over 60%. Again, I don't yet have data regarding V production, but assuming the ratio of V's to base XLR's is about the same as in 2006 the number would only be about 300 or so.

For the month of March production was 175 units this year compared to 447 in 2006 and for the calendar-year-to-date the numbers are 308 and 1,197, respectively.

·
Premium Member
1,948 Posts
I just read an article in the latest Motor Trend. The writer is suggesting that the Corvette and XLR platforms are going to get even closer (makes sense since both are produced in Bolling Green). It may be a leap but it could include a new motor in 2010--the same for both.

I am in agreement with Bob, it is a shame that GM doesn't market this car better--an opinion shared by most of the Cadillac dealers as well. BUT the good side is that there are far few of these "gems" on the road than say --500SL's who are also experiencing reduced customer demand.

In a recent discussion with my dealer it seems that the continued strategy is that the XLR will be made in small quantities and will be as close as you can get to a made to order car.

If you want a new one they can have it for you inless than 30 days. An interesting concept in a continually evolving world where car inventories are growing in virtually all brands and models.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 6 of 6 Posts