Cadillac XLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the XLR your only car you drive? if not what else do you drive? (not your wife - just you)

I have a Corvette C6 also. When I drive my Vette I love it and think I should sell my XLR. Then when I drive my XLR I love it also and say to myself what was I thinking...

·
Registered
325 Posts
The XLR is a weekend car. Daily driver is an 05 Titan King Cab LE or one of my motorcycles, 05 Triumph Tiger in BRG or an 02 Honda 954RR. SO drives an Infiniti FX45 and an 05 Yamaha R-1.

·
Banned
161 Posts
You may come in for some good-natured harassment by virtue of your question parenthetically stereotyping the principal driver as being the husband in a relationship! In all seriousness, Sandra enjoys driving the XLR as much as Ed does.

However, with respect to your question, the primary vehicle driven is an Escalade. We’re afraid we’re wearing out the XLR – 2,300 miles on it since its purchase in late July ’05.

Best regards,
Ed and Sandra

·
Registered
234 Posts
My daily driver is an '03 Corvette, the warden's is the XLR. 4 seats between 2 cars is all we own.

·
Registered
110 Posts
06 Escalade EXT is the daily ride however at night and a little warmer temps we take the 2550sx Chaparral. It's alway better on the water.:party

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
My daily is a Dodge Quad Cab,
but when I traded in my '04 XLR it had 30,000 miles on it so go figure.......office is only 20 miles away!
I plan to use my XLR-V a lot less......but it's so hard:banghead

·
Registered
15 Posts
I split my time between my 04 XLR & my 06 STS-V.
If the roads are icy or snowy , I borrow my wife's 06 STS AWD.

As you can tell, we like Caddy's!

·
Registered
97 Posts
My 2004 XLR is my primary vehicle. ( It currently has 33000 miles on it.)
I am an architect and sometimes use a '88 Jeep Wagoneer on rough construction sites although the XLR does well on most of them. On football trips I drive my wife's Escalade. Before the XLR I drove a '98 TransAm convertible.

The Greek

( that's a college handle. I am really of Scots origin)

·
Registered
245 Posts
My XLR is my primary vehicle with 12,000 miles in 9 months. I also have a 2003 CTS that I tow behind my motorhome and a classic 62 Coupe de Ville

·
Registered
229 Posts
Almost too many to list:

Our stable includes a 1954 Cadillac Convertible, 1955 Cadillac Convertible, 1966 Cadillac Convertible, 2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV, 2001 Plymouth Prowler, 1950 Dodge Coronet, 2005 XLR and 2006 XLR . On a daily basis, I drive my state issued Ford Taurus.

G

·
Just two

04 XLR
06 XLR-V

xlr said:
Is the XLR your only car you drive? if not what else do you drive? (not your wife - just you)

I have a Corvette C6 also. When I drive my Vette I love it and think I should sell my XLR. Then when I drive my XLR I love it also and say to myself what was I thinking...

·
Registered
535 Posts
OK, I guess I'll join in this one...

02 Lincoln Navigator - primary car
04 Neiman Marcus XLR #45 - occasional car (apx 7900 miles)
85 Mercedes 380 SE - almost never (my wife thinks it's a classic)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts