Cadillac XLR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
0 Posts
:nono I'd lose the wood grain look - i never did like it.

hey troy - might want to check the ubb codes - i meant to place the no smile, instead got the no-no one
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mikeg826 said:


hey troy - might want to check the ubb codes - i meant to place the no smile, instead got the no-no one
I've found one bug in the software. It stops reading the smilie shortcut when it finds a match. I had : lolg and : lol. I had to change : lolg to : glol.

I'll have to modify the : nonod also. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Nice, is that interior just for the Neiman Marcus Edition or will that be the standard interior when it goes full production?:cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Nomad said:
Nice, is that interior just for the Neiman Marcus Edition or will that be the standard interior when it goes full production?:cheers

That's pretty much what it will look like. Not sure about the color combo & woodgrain though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Definitaly sweet:thumbs
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Looks good to me, but a little....flat. No curvy organic surfaces. It just looks like the inner door skins and the seats are sort of thin. Of course what matters is how it feels and looks once you are sitting in it. I hope it has the rock solid feel that some of the german cars have. You know...like you could take a sledge hammer to even the softest surfaces, and the structure underneath wouldn't budge. I like that feeling of solidity. Personally I like a little woodgrain in there too. When I was younder I didn't like it, because it reminded me of cars from the 70's and 80's. But now, I like it. In a luxury car at least. It really adds a little bit of warmth to the cabin. Makes it a more inviting place


Scott
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
The woodgrain is what makes it say 'Cadillac'.. It's still a luxury car so it needs it.. I think it needs more.. Of course, all tastes are different.. I've seen woodgrain inside Vettes and I thought that looked pretty bad... But, that's just me...

Click here for some classy usage of woodgrain...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Sal Collaziano said:
The woodgrain is what makes it say 'Cadillac'.. It's still a luxury car so it needs it.. I think it needs more.. Of course, all tastes are different.. I've seen woodgrain inside Vettes and I thought that looked pretty bad... But, that's just me...

Click here for some classy usage of woodgrain...
Yes, wood grain tastefully done in a luxury car is nice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Scissors said:
The only wood I like in a car is dark red. I can't stand any other color.

How about marble trim? :jester
Perhaps a few Greek Pillars too? Even a statue or two? :lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Troy Roberts said:
Here is a shot taken of one that is not the Neiman Marcus edition.

I love that shot, the whole interior looks very fighter jety to me...VERY:cool :cool :cool Am I the only one who finds that cool?
It would be better if they'd lose the wood though:smash
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
logansowner said:
I love that shot, the whole interior looks very fighter jety to me...VERY:cool :cool :cool Am I the only one who finds that cool?
It would be better if they'd lose the wood though:smash
Very cool.

We'll just have to get Ken King of Vette Essentials to make some nice leather replacement parts for the wood. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Troy Roberts said:
Very cool.

We'll just have to get Ken King of Vette Essentials to make some nice leather replacement parts for the wood. :)
That would be sweet:cool
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top