I canceled my Mercedes today.
Last February I ordered the new clk500 Cabriolet after I got rid of my '99 SL. I would have gotten the new SL but comfort just ain't there so I decided on the clk and loaded it up.
In November I decided I needed a "Toy" while I was waiting cuz being in South Florida I didn't want another season to go by without a convertible. It was 72 degrees and I could not take it!
I figured I would keep it til the Benz came and whatever it cost for those few months...well that's life.
Yesterday, I finally called the MB dealer and told them the news and how much I like the xlr.
They were "Shocked" I think when I told them the news. Been driving MB since 1979 and still have my 2001. But to cancel their car cuz I got an xlr........that rocked them back on their heals.
The "Grand Dame" has a new Princess waiting in the wings!
I did them a favor.....at least when it happens again they won't be so shocked.
So now I am waiting to see if I get my $3k back. I probably will but who knows. If they want to lose my future business over $3k....so be it. I have loads of choices of other MB dealers here and everywhere.