Cadillac XLR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an XLR-V with Tan Interior. Trouble spots for me cleaning are:

*scuff marks on the tan doorsill.
*cloth part on the back of the seat.
*tan wall behind the seat has black marks where the seat rubs against it.

I've tried several Mequiar's products, Mr. Clean, nothing works...

· Premium Member
1,102 Posts
I've shied away from the shale interior for just the reasons you describe. It looks great when new, but after several years . . . Black gets hot without a sunscreen, but both the ebony interiors and suede inserts of my cars look new.

You might want to drive the car over to a dry cleaning pro and have them check out the suede insert prior to removing it from the seat.

Try applying some isopropyl alchohol with a nylon brush on the waterfall behind the seat. Follow up with some decent plastic dressing --not Armorall. Find out where the back of the seat is contacting the waterfall and place some Kapton or other non-sticky, teflon-tape take there to minimize abrasions that lead to scuff marks. (Don't try for the quick fix and use duct tape; it leaves a nasty adhesive residue and looks bad anyway.) I used Kapton under my hood in an area where the paint was being abraded due to vibration with a plastic surface and it worked great. I replace the tape once a year due to the engine heat which eventually loosens the adhesive.

You can always opt to replace the worn insert too.

CC :seeya

· Registered
2 Posts
FWIW: Mr Clean Erasure works for me for marks and scuffs.
My opinion is that it is still better to use cleanse and immediately conditioner with protective functions. Lately I've been using best interior trim dressing Fortador LeatherVinylTrim but you can choose something else. I just read on the professional blog Best car interior dressing | Interior dressing for auto detailing about best interior dressing for cars and decided to use this cleaner. All you just need to do is just wipe the surface from dust and treat with a solution. They sell bottles of different capacities, you can start with the smallest one. I recommend as an expert.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts