Cadillac XLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fellow XLR Owners: I purchased a new 2005 Blue Steel XLR 4/30/2005. Is version #4 the correct Navigation Disc? If not, would I be entitled to a complimentary update from GM? If not, does anyone have an extra upgrade disc available?

How many Blue Steel XLR's were produced?

Thank you in advance,
Bob Dunham

·
Registered
234 Posts
Welcome to the forum. There has been some discussion about the nav DVD on this board, and my memory is that you can buy an upgrade for about $200. Don't expect a complementary upgrade... we have an '05 and I'm pretty sure it is the older version, but I don't know without looking.

Other better informed members will certainly step in and enlighten.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I bought my 04 used last fall. When I asked the dealer about the nav disk they said that the car was entitled to two free upgrades of the disk. I also remember reading this somewhere in my XLR materials, the location escapes me.

Since I personally find the nav system basically useless I haven't pursued this. It either takes me 50 miles out of the way to go on the highway or has me going through church parking lots to make the trip 6" shorter.

Paul

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
the two free upgrades are for 06 and later vehicles. you may get a good deal on a used one from someone that upgrades.....there were a few given for free on this forum. I find the directions to be very useful, it does take me out of the way sometimes, but if you don't know where you're gonig in the first place....oh well!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
The versions that they sent my wife and I were version 6.0. On the 2006 model year they offered two free upgrades, but did not do so on the prior year models. As people that own 06's and obtain their free upgrades, hopefully they will offer theirs to other owners. That's what we did. You can obtain the upgrades for about $199 if you need one now.

G

·
Jim, How soon after the anniversary date did you receive an updated disc? My anniversary is in 2 weeks, and I have the old one promised. I will post it when I get it.
Bob

The versions that they sent my wife and I were version 6.0. On the 2006 model year they offered two free upgrades, but did not do so on the prior year models. As people that own 06's and obtain their free upgrades, hopefully they will offer theirs to other owners. That's what we did. You can obtain the upgrades for about $199 if you need one now.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Bob, I contacted them about 1 week before the anniversary date of purchase. They checked the VIN and advised me that I was eligible. I think that we received a post card from them sometime after that which said that we were eligible., but we had already received it by then. If you are close to the anniversary date, you can call them and they will send it out to you. Jim

G

·
Jim, who is "THEM"? I'm assuming you mean a Cadillac dealer?
Do you think that you got the disc because it was your http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZS anniversary or because you prodded "THEM"................Sorry I couldn't help myself
Bob
Bob, I contacted them about 1 week before the anniversary date of purchase. They checked the VIN and advised me that I was eligible. I think that we received a post card from them sometime after that which said that we were eligible., but we had already received it by then. If you are close to the anniversary date, you can call them and they will send it out to you. Jim

·
Registered
229 Posts
Bob, The Nav Disc Center is 1-877-628-3472. That is the Blue Bunny translation for 1-877-NAV-DISC. Call them and give them your VIN and they will send you the new disc.

·
Registered
31 Posts
My anniversary is tomorrow Feb 14, and I had not yet received a postcard, so I called today, and for some reason they did not show my 2006 had a nav. I guess the operator did not know that is was not an option on XLR. Anyway when he found it on another system he told me he would send the disk out asap. So if you don't receive your postcard, call.

G

·
Senior,
Funny thing you mention that. When they looked my Vin# up. it said I owned a Navigator with that Vin#, but went to another system and found it. Don't they even know what kind of car I bought? shame shame shame
My anniversary is tomorrow Feb 14, and I had not yet received a postcard, so I called today, and for some reason they did not show my 2006 had a nav. I guess the operator did not know that is was not an option on XLR. Anyway when he found it on another system he told me he would send the disk out asap. So if you don't receive your postcard, call.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts