Cadillac XLR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed that body colored plastic cover for the headlamp washer nozzle is missing - not a major item, but has anyone gone thru the experience of ordering / replacing one of these?

Appreciate the input - Thx

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
getting the replacement is not a problem....getting it painted to match will be a whole 'nother project.:(

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah.... so it comes unpainted. Guess either dealer or bodyshop to match-up paint and go from there. By any chance, do you know how it is actually attached to the car - simple bonding / adhesive process for the part, or a more integrated (ie they have to take-off bumper and attach from below)?

Thx

·
Registered
535 Posts
Mine fell off recently when I was drying the car after washing it. Apparently the actual cover was not broken but the underlying piece. So paint won't be an issue as the underlying piece is black and not seen.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sorry to be so long responding about the headlight washer covers but I just found your note. I have have both fall off at different times a few months ago. Blamed it on the car wash both time. Dealer ordered and match color painted them and installed new. Color is Neiman Marcus Ultra Violet and they did a great job. Only problem was they ordered the wrong part the first time and I had to make two trips to get it done.
Bill In FL (NM #9)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
From original inquiry - dealer did order / paint correct part, and was simple trip to install... so appreciate the input on this one. Will need to be a bit more careful on using car washes when travelling....

Thx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts