Cadillac XLR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had the headlamp washer nozzles break off on both sides of the vehicle. When this happens the little collor matched cover falls off. Anyone else had this problem? :(

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
headlamp washer nozzles

Have not had that problem with my XLR. But I noticed that you are a Amateur Radio operator. What bands do you operate?. Robin K6UNQ

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
73 Om

Robin:

Good to meet you. :seeya I can be found on 40M on 7298KHZ on ocassion. By the way.. Do you know how to activate the headlight washers? The only thing the manual mentions is the fuse for it.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Head Lamp Washer

TNX for the Amatuer Radio Info. I hang out on 14.240 on the Week Ends. My mother lives in Phoenix so I do get over there a few time a year.

If you look in your manual Page 3-11 Windsheild Washer Second paragraph it talk about the Head Lamp washers

·
Registered
370 Posts
headlamp washer

Does the headlamp washer function every 3-5 times you use the windshield washer?

How did the nozzle get broken?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Headlight Washers

The washer bracket basically fell into my hand while cleaning. It did not take any coaxing. I simply touched the other one and noticed one of the three 'wings' on the nozzle was broken off and the small painted cover is hanging on with two.

Thanks for the info in the manual. I've been through it several times and must have missed it.:eek:

·
Registered
166 Posts
I'll bet...

I'll bet someone backed-up over your bumper, and cracked/loosened both washer heads for you, kind of a hit-and-run, it sounds like.... :cry

--Bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.