Cadillac XLR Forum banner

HAVE YOU HAD GRINDING NOISES IN YOUR HEATER/AC SYSTEM ??

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

Votes: 13 100.0%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had an XLR-V for 15 months. They keep replacing blowers, and I keep having the same problem--a grinding noise coming from the heater/A/C while driving. It is annoying. Anyone else had this ? Thanks

G

·
What I'm having trouble with is it's just not a couple of things that go wrong with this car, but everything you can think of. I'd fire the quality control guy and then find out what's wrong with my engineers. My daughter bought a Roush Mustang a year ago and hasn't had one thing to complain about. You mean to tell me that Ford builds a better car than Cadillac?
Yes, they stand behind their Caddy's but who wants to spend most of the time in a rental car
Bobo
I have had an XLR-V for 15 months. They keep replacing blowers, and I keep having the same problem--a grinding noise coming from the heater/A/C while driving. It is annoying. Anyone else had this ? Thanks

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know why this got moved. The heating/cooliong is the same in both cars . I put it on the XLR forum because it gets more traffic.

·
Registered
82 Posts
i all ready mentioned that its all about Quality control ...they are not competent to do thier jobs as selecting material, or testing ...etc

if u r having the same problem in the bowler and replacing it , it means the problem is not in blower, the problem is in something else they must do fault cause root analysis to find out the main problem behind it...they might be changing in current voltage problem or any other problems which cause it to damage...advice them to check the electricity...

Regards,
Hamad

·
Registered
224 Posts
I think the HVAC in the XLR has a fairly unique system to control the flow of air. Rather than the traditional "doors" that most automatic systems have, the XLR has a sheet of plastic film that rolls up and down to control the flow. Maybe the motor that controls the film is bad or grinding?

Does the grinding happen all the time or just when the air flow changes from floor to vents? Does the air flow change at all? That would certainly indicate a problem with the air flow director.

I had an issue with mine last year; the temperature control worked fine on the driver's side, but the passenger side blew HOT air all the time. A quick recalibration at the dealer fixed it.

Let us know what the fix is! Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts