Cadillac XLR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Grinding noises on my 04 w/ 2400 miles

don2545 said:
Has anyone else experienced a grinding in th e rear end (brakes?) when backing or turning?
From under the car Some where. Goes away soon after going forward.

Does anybody found the fix. As I said the noises go away when at the dealer. :banghead

·
Registered
245 Posts
I've got the Corsas (love em) and have no problem with console heat.

I don't remember any heat problem even before the Corsas though. :flag

G

·
Talked to a rep yesterday that said the pumpkin has floating gears, (not in oil) and have a tendancy to dry out. As soon as you get moving the oil lubes the gears, but can make noise when turning until that time. Hope this isn't bogus information

Bob Got time for mine. Fooooooooooouuuuuuuurrrrrrrr

jacqueshar said:
From under the car Some where. Goes away soon after going forward.

Does anybody found the fix. As I said the noises go away when at the dealer. :banghead

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yup, I've got mine in at the dealer for this noisy clutch pack. Told them about the additive and at least they nodded like they knew what I was talking about. The traction and ABS icons won't go out and that's another thing they'll deal with. BTW, seems when these lamps (icons) stay lit, the cruise doesn't work. Related?

Oh, they loaned me an SRX. Whatever that is. It's black. Looks like a hearse for little people. Ugly piece.

·
Registered
34 Posts
XLR I FL said:
jacqueshar:

YOU must not be reading all of the posts on this subject!!!

Print out my Post #5 and take it to the dealer. They will change the rear end fluid and add the positraction lube and you'll be "Good To Go".

Regards.
Got the car back same day on Wendesday . They Drained and Changed the differential with synthetic Fluid, and added additive to differential. I let it rest over nigth And took it out yesterday. No more Grinding noyses.

See how long it will last.

·
Premium Member
1,948 Posts
I have the same problem here in Jacksonville Florida. Of course it has been worse with the recent heat wave here on the East Coast.

Iced Tea would turn into Hot Tea if you put it in the drink holder.

Standby will be proud. I used his recent trip as an example of how to make a cutomer uncomfortable in thier car on a long trip.

I asked that they log a customer complaint from me as well. Maybe if all of us did that the GMMer's would be more interested in finding a solution.

Many of us are/will be ready for our next car purchase so IF I were them I would want to know how to make us happy.

So go on down to your dealers and log a complaint the next time your are in the area.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

G

·
That's great, but I went to the top dog (Pat) who I have had many conversations concerning the heated cup holders and he told me it was a design flaw and therefore I couldn't lemon my 04.............How's that for telling me to put it where the sun doesn't shine.
He also said he was in a meeting of caddy reps recently and they where telling eveyone about there wonderful fix that they did to a 04 in California. This happened to be my car. So this guy Pat tells him that it didn't work and the customer has a fix............Lemon his vehicle or T off one of the AC ducts and feed it down the console. He was told they don't have room to do such a fix and it was a design flaw and the customer cannot Lemon Law the car. We are dealing with Semi Hole Indians if you know what I mean.
When I get my new one and it has the same flaw, I will push this into Bowling Green if I have too.

XLR I FL said:

Standby will be proud. I used his recent trip as an example of how to make a cutomer uncomfortable in thier car on a long trip.

a.

·
Registered
234 Posts
XLR I FL said:
I have the same problem here in Jacksonville Florida. Of course it has been worse with the recent heat wave here on the East Coast.

I asked that they log a customer complaint from me as well. Maybe if all of us did that the GMMer's would be more interested in finding a solution.

Many of us are/will be ready for our next car purchase so IF I were them I would want to know how to make us happy.

So go on down to your dealers and log a complaint the next time your are in the area.
Is yours an '04? I haven't had that problem in my '05... although my Corvette tends to get a little warm.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yes it is an 04. So far I am pleased with the car, had it since 10/2003. But with 2500 miles only. Have other cars to drive. My dog don't apreciate been on the XLR. Love my Chevy Pickup.

G

·
Yes it's an 04 and I've just got to go another 4+ months till I get my new V, so I think I'll just live with it and forget about bashing GM.
Caly said:
Is yours an '04? I haven't had that problem in my '05... although my Corvette tends to get a little warm.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Dogs and XLRs don't mix

jacqueshar said:
Yes it is an 04. So far I am pleased with the car, had it since 10/2003. But with 2500 miles only. Have other cars to drive. My dog don't apreciate been on the XLR. Love my Chevy Pickup.
:glol :glol :glol :glol :glol (Good Post jacque! Very pithy.)

At the risk of alienating dog lovers everywhere, I pose the rhetorical question:

What does a dog know? :confused

·
Premium Member
1,948 Posts
CAly: YES mine is a 04. the shifter shaft is REAL HOT to the touch when driving around in the hot weather. AND, as Standby said, the cup holder seems to get MUCH hotter than it should.

I am wondering what some foil backed insulation under the console would do for the problem.

Where you near the Outlet Mall in St. Augustine a couple of Saturday's ago making a "U" turn on Rout 16 to go back toward I-95? If so I was right behind you heading for the Harley dealer.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

G

·
That was the only fix that has ever been designed and it was for my car, but didn't help at all. Talked to a lawyer today that told me I have a lemon if they refuse to fix it. I'm going to give them another chance and see if under pressure of Lemoning (if that's a word) my 04 would they consider trying to split one of the ducts in the dash and Y it off to send some cool air down the console from the front. I hate to tag this gorgeous lookin vehicle with a lemon.

Got my car back today after being painted for the second time and it looks pretty good, now I have to take it back to have all the over spray removed from all the glass, the top and truck area. What ever happened to QUALITY?

XLR I FL said:
CAly: YES mine is a 04. the shifter shaft is REAL HOT to the touch when driving around in the hot weather. AND, as Standby said, the cup holder seems to get MUCH hotter than it should.

I am wondering what some foil backed insulation under the console would do for the problem.

·
Registered
234 Posts
XLR I FL said:

Where you near the Outlet Mall in St. Augustine a couple of Saturday's ago making a "U" turn on Rout 16 to go back toward I-95? If so I was right behind you heading for the Harley dealer.
Yes, that was indeed us! I know several Vette owners who have done the insullation thing and it probably helped some, but probably was a poor investment of time and energy. Finding a way to ventilate that tunnel seems like a better approach to me.

·
Premium Member
1,948 Posts
I read my technicians write up of my reported console heat problem which is quoted below:

"NOTE: Owner says center console and shifter very hot to touchafter driving."

"TECH COMM: CK CONSOLE TEMP NORMAL OPERATING TEMP."

Now I am somewhat like Standby -- I assume.

WHAT DO I LOOK LIKE A DUMMY??

How can ANYONE check a console temp problem without driving the car first AND further when the car has been sitting for over an hour in the mechanics work space without the engine running.

I WILL BE TAKING THIS UP WITH THEM AGAIN REAL SOON!!!

FYI: ANOTHER TIDBIT-- I found that when the rubber seals were lifted there was RUST on the framework that holds the seal. I showed it to the mechanic that subsequently ordered another part. BUT I wanted you guys to know.

G

·
See? What are we to do..............I'll tell you what I'm going to do. I'm going to lemon mine and have already talked with a lawyer. I'm sick of being treated like I have DUMMY stamped on my farhead.

Just got my XLR back from being painted for the second time and the whole cabin, including glass, hood, wheels and trunk had over spray so thick it sounded like sand paper when you ran your hand over it. I called them today and told them I would be in to get this resolved and they told me, it's a three day weekend. I told them it hadn't started yet and I'm coming in so be prepared to resolve this issue.................They did.

XLR I FL said:
I read my technicians write up of my reported console heat problem which is quoted below:

"NOTE: Owner says center console and shifter very hot to touchafter driving."

"TECH COMM: CK CONSOLE TEMP NORMAL OPERATING TEMP."

Now I am somewhat like Standby -- I assume.

WHAT DO I LOOK LIKE A DUMMY??

How can ANYONE check a console temp problem without driving the car first AND further when the car has been sitting for over an hour in the mechanics work space without the engine running.

I WILL BE TAKING THIS UP WITH THEM AGAIN REAL SOON!!!

FYI: ANOTHER TIDBIT-- I found that when the rubber seals were lifted there was RUST on the framework that holds the seal. I showed it to the mechanic that subsequently ordered another part. BUT I wanted you guys to know.

·
Registered
34 Posts
aviator said:
:glol :glol :glol :glol :glol (Good Post jacque! Very pithy.)

At the risk of alienating dog lovers everywhere, I pose the rhetorical question:

What does a dog know? :confused
Beside my famely my dog is my best friend. She's not at ease on bucket seats. And she's got nails that could scratch the hell out of the leather upholstery. Like my chevy pickup Bench seat is a way to go.

Grinding noises stopped when the dealer changed the oil on the rear end, It lasted a week. This afternoon I took my XLR for a ride, and guess what? The noises are back. I thought the quick fix was too good to be true. I think the problem goes deeper than that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
To stop the grinding noise, tell the dealer to add regular oil instead of the GM synthetic. When done, the mechanic should take the car out in an open lot and make a couple figure 8 movemnts so that it can get things foing. If after a few weeks or months the problem returns, then the clutches will have to be changed.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts