Cadillac XLR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching and waiting for an aftermarket grille and finally found
the perfect one, :thumbs (I would get this without any center emblem)
but would anyone pay $5000. for this set up????? :cry
top quaility stainless, tripple chrome, elite brand, etc, etc. :sleep

Also, the manufacturer claims the radar system works on this car.....
I have my doubts....but is that possible??? :rolleyes

EG Classisics is also designing a similar one,
I have photos and it doesn't look near as nice, IMO
and they do not intend to make the lower pannel
still 30+ days out and price unavailable, I'm guessing
$400. tops, based on their other products

·
Registered
29 Posts
The "V" style mesh grille looks great! Thanks for posting the image--I'm sure it will be a very popular way to personalize an XLR.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Looks good

Looks good in the photo. Not sure it is worth $5000 (or was that a typo, and really $500).

I would also be interested in hearing about an aftermarket version of the front license holder (for those of us who are required to have one).

What is the company selling this one?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Top 10 reasons to customize your XLR...

Please help me compile a Top 10 List of reasons to customize your XLR. We did a gold package and a subtle pin stripe on my xenon blue XLR. Fairly understated but still not straight "factory".

Here are a few of my reasons...help me out here. :lol

#10 A desire to create a "different look" with a car that hardly anyone has even seen.

#9 I've swept the floor of my garage so many times that now I need something else to do in there.

#8 Trying to move from turning heads at Sonic to giving 'em whiplash.

#7 The neighbor just bought a mauve Porsche 911 Cabrio with full hydraulics, and I can't stand still for that!

·
Banned
0 Posts
fredw said:
Looks good! It's amazing how good it looks to have matching mesh on the upper and lower grilles.
I have to agree, but $5,000? I guess they want to recoup their R&D money on the first sale..................

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'd wait for the XLR-V to come out and get the grill through Cadillac. They won't hose you like some aftermarket guys.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
But that's defeats the #1 reason to customize my XLR
To be ahead of the XLR-V before it comes out so I don't have to trade up!!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Cruise Control Interference?

I wonder how much the metallic mesh over the Adaptive Cruise Control Sensor affects its sensory ability?

--av--

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
aviator said:
I wonder how much the metallic mesh over the Adaptive Cruise Control Sensor affects its sensory ability?

--av--
when I posed that question to the manufacturer, he didn't know what I was talking about. He checked with his customer, :jester Busta Rhymes, (who can waste 5k on a grille!) who said no problem, or probably something a little more colorful than that, I'm sure. But he may not know what we're talking about either or even drive the car for that matter! I'm not convinced.
That's why I was hoping someone here could answer that question.
I don't think it's possible and I vision that lower grille as having two small windows cut out of either side and would still have a nice look.
I love this grille but I'm not giving up my cruise control :nono

·
Registered
477 Posts
Gold Package

My dealer in Houston, Tom Pea**** Cadillac did it for me. It was $1200, including the pipes. In case the forum autoedits Pea****, it is a male peafowl. If you need the number, I can supply it.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Thanks - Edit

Thanks for the info. I may check with my dealer.

Is the editing becasue the male of certain bird species has the same name as a "dirty" word? Or, are they trying to edit out all dealers' names?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Let's try it..

Stewart Cadillac, Massey Cadillac, Bland Cadillac, Tom Pea**** Cadillac, David Taylor Cadillac, Mcginnis Cadillac.

Houston Cadillac Dealerships. I guess that answers the question.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts