Cadillac XLR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
I can't help myself.

This has got to be one of the stupidest things I have ever seen.

Especially for a car you are just going to sell. WOW!

·
Registered
535 Posts
I'm thinking of a more severe synonym of stupid... (choose your preference idiotic or moronic)

On the other hand, now there are only 100 original NM XLRs. Reminds me of a song...

100 NM XLRs on the road, 100 XLRs, if one of those cars should happen to crash (or get painted), 99 NM XLRs on the road.

All together now...

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One of us should ask the dealership for permission to re-publish the photos on this forum. Once the eBay auction is done the photos might disappear. We won't have any proof of the (hopefully) "unique" XLR.

·
Registered
92 Posts
(choose your preference idiotic or moronic)

MORON!!!

Yup, MORON is my choice. lol

·
Registered
535 Posts
Somebody has to be taking a bath on this car. The paint job had to of cost $10,000, that puts the cost of the once-NM car at $95,000.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I hadn't thought of that.

The ebay descriptions says no, but if you read the Business Week article, if a panel gets damaged, the whole panel gets replaced. Now, on the other hand, I don't see Cadillac being too well stocked on spare parts yet.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The other one I find "unusual" is #5 of 101, which now sports custom wheels and a purple (sorry, ultra-violet) engine cover. Why would anyone do that?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have probably missed something along the way, but a VIN ending in 515 seems too high for a NM Edition. I would have thought the numbers on these cars were lower.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just took a quick look on eBay. Nobody bid on the metallic green NM XLR and time has expired. The NM XLR with the custom wheels and purple engine cover is still available...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.