Cadillac XLR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a CTS owner & am considering XLR. Can anyone address the following:

1. How does one gain access to vehicle (or get out) if battery is dead?
2. Has anyone been brave enough to drive it in the winter weather...any problems?
3. Has the top stalled midway up or down? If it did, is there a manual adjustment in case of emergency (as there was for my old Reatta hidden headlamps)?
4. Personal opinion: Cadillac steering wheels are too wide (diameter). Accentuated in lower cars, like CTS & XLR. Does anyone have inside info' about a smaller diameter wheelin 06?
5. Does the internal (optional) XM radio antenna work...if one doesn't want the externalone on the trunk?
6. Finally, I prefer the compass rear view mirror (which Cadillac foolishly deletes with NAV). Can one be purchased & dealer installed?

Thanks for your comments.

·
Registered
411 Posts
1701 said:
I'm a CTS owner & am considering XLR. Can anyone address the following:

1. How does one gain access to vehicle (or get out) if battery is dead?
2. Has anyone been brave enough to drive it in the winter weather...any problems?
3. Has the top stalled midway up or down? If it did, is there a manual adjustment in case of emergency (as there was for my old Reatta hidden headlamps)?
4. Personal opinion: Cadillac steering wheels are too wide (diameter). Accentuated in lower cars, like CTS & XLR. Does anyone have inside info' about a smaller diameter wheelin 06?
5. Does the internal (optional) XM radio antenna work...if one doesn't want the externalone on the trunk?
6. Finally, I prefer the compass rear view mirror (which Cadillac foolishly deletes with NAV). Can one be purchased & dealer installed?

Thanks for your comments.

I use an old SNL punch line - OK, very old SNL punch line, but I'll just stick to the facts...

1) A hidden lock is located below the trunk of the car. If you are in the car when the power fails, then there are manual handles to open the doors.

2) Sorry, no real "winter weather" here (actually I'm not too sorry about that :)

3) There are manual procedures available but they should only be used in a "must use" situation. I think this is documented in other threads in the technical section of this forum.

4) I like the diameter of the steering wheel, so I guess I can't help you with that.

5) There is no internal XM radio antenna. At this time the only two options are the external antenna or no antenna (no XM).

6) Don't know of one but the Nav system is different on the XLR than some of the other Cadillacs. However, I understand what you are saying since I miss the compass in the rear-view as well.

·
Registered
370 Posts
My input

I hav;en't driven mine in snow and ice yet here in DC, but there was a post 6 months ago from someone north of Chicago.

He said it was not only good, but great.

I would mind seeing a bit smaller wheel, even with the automatic exit position. I have noted that when I one-hand it, my hand on the wheel hits my leg (I'm 6'2").

Yes, no interior antenna for XM. There were some people who talked about some of the lower profile version, but you can't have those with the factory installed XM. The only alternative would be an aftermarket XM and antenna combo (which would eliminate much of the functionality of the XLR). Besides, almost everyone agrees, the trunk antenna is not that bad, once you get used to it.

I too would like the "compass rear view mirror" and didn't realize they deleted it due to Nav system.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts