Cadillac XLR Forum banner

Front Struts Not Responding

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  russo909 
#1 ·
Installed two new front shocks. All the mag fluid had leaked out and when I compressed them to remove they did not rebound at all. Ride quality was harsh to say the least. Put in the new shocks....easy and straightforward job. When I started the car I got the messages "service ride control" and "speed limited to 80mph". No messages were displayed before I did this work.

Scanned the codes and got

C 0579 Left front actuator circuit open Test not passed since ignition on

C 0584 Right front actuator circuit open Test not passed since ignition on

I can see all four actuators are "working" on the graphs in the scanner and respond to any movement of the car.

The shocks are not being commanded and stay at zero values.

If try and manually command the shocks on or off I get a malfunction from the computer.

Checked connector pins at top of each shock and even replaced one connector to no avail.

Any suggestions!?
Thanks!

See less See more
#3 ·
I have a 2005. I purchased shocks from Rock Auto --- "ACDELCO 5801061 {#19302790, 580135, 88952527} GM Original Equipment"

Scan tool is a brand new Snap On Unit I think "versus" that my neighbor has not an actual tech 2 scanner.

Also replaced the position sensors up front as they felt like they were binding/ not spring back well when you rotated them by hand. Ordered two Delphi replacements from Rock Auto however they shipped a wrong part for passenger side. They didn't have correct Delphi in stock hence one delphi and one dorman sensor.

Delphi ER10035

Dorman 926789

Admittedly I did not actually check these part numbers now that I think of it!! I just ordered from what Rock Auto said fit....which in my experience has not been 100% reliable.

Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.