Cadillac XLR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have bought new front shock absorbers and I need to know where you can get the proper size shock absorber socket to hold the top of the shock shaft while removing the nut so the shaft won't turn? Can anyone help with information. I got four of them that were on line and none are big enough. I think they are called double D shock sockets. Thank you, Bruce for any help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I would really appreciate that! I still have not found one. Where did you find that socket? I will definitely return it to you after I use it. My address is Bruce Danley, 1903 Stardust Way, Walland, Tn. 37886. Phone number is 865-233-3443 if you want to call me. If I don't answer, please leave me a message and I will call you back. Thank you, Bruce.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have bought new front shock absorbers and I need to know where you can get the proper size shock absorber socket to hold the top of the shock shaft while removing the nut so the shaft won't turn? Can anyone help with information. I got four of them that were on line and none are big enough. I think they are called double D shock sockets. Thank you, Bruce for any help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
No special tool required, Jack up the front and move the rubber boot on the tiop of the shock up or down and this will expose the shaft that goes to the top of the shock. You can cut the rubber boot if you want. Put a visegript on the shaft so you can keep it from turning. Use a standard of deep socket, it should fit over the top of the shaft if not use an offset wrench and unscrew the nut Do the right front first, less stuff to get out of the way.
The tought part is getting the new shock back in.
John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts