Cadillac XLR Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my grill is not 100% straight, my hood doesn't align perfectly, and the bumper looks off. I recently bought an '04 w/39K and I'm working through its issues. I've tried to begin disassembly, but I'm missing a few bolts here and there b/c I can't completely remove the fenders. I don't want to just pull on stuff until something gives. At this point, I have fastened the screws I removed and the car is still together.

Are there any "hidden" bolts/screws in the fenders/front bumper that I should be aware of? I haven't done this "diy" project before. Other diy projects I've done include changing ball joints on truck; installing 2in spacers on a truck; transmission seal replacement; power steering hose replacement; brakes; rotors; CV axles; and shocks. I mention these to give you guys an idea of my mechanic experience since I'm new to this forum. I really enjoy working on cars, taking my time, and learning more about the ins and outs of my vehicles. Not in a rush to complete the job, just trying to do more research since my visual inspections have led me only so far.

Thanks for the help!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts