Cadillac XLR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I replaced both batteries i my FOB's and sometimes it reads them and sometimes it doesn't, any recommendations.

Also, I have a new push buttom to start the car has anyone replaced one? Do I have to bring it to Cadillac (hence no job and no warranty)

·
Registered
91 Posts
the push to start button is pretty easy to change. just have to remove the trim to get to it. I would disconnect the battery for any electrical work. if you want to do it let me know and I will email you the manual instructions.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the push to start button is pretty easy to change. just have to remove the trim to get to it. I would disconnect the battery for any electrical work. if you want to do it let me know and I will email you the manual instructions.
Oh yes that would be awesome, thank you, I'm out of a job so if I can do it myself I prefer that lol.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you do have to have someone else do the work, I suggest finding a qualified Corvette mechanic over the Cadillac dealer. Cadillac is usually more expensive and not necessarily familiar with the XLR.
I have a great mechanic, but he is so busy it is so hard to get in, so I am mechanically inclined (thanks to my Dad) I will always try to do things myself, except when it comes to computers lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts