Cadillac XLR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone interested in a polished stainless steel exhaust plate for their V?
I have a source locally that will make them for $175, but we would need to order at least ten so he can send them out to be cut. He will make them separately for $250+ tax.
it's 3/16 and shaped like a T, but imagine the top longer and the bottom fatter to fit in between the exhaust. All corners are rounded. It goes in over the top of the exhaust and wedges down between the inner exhaust pipes. It's rock solid but you could tack weld it just to be on the safe side. I made the pattern for it, so blame me if it doesn't fit.
I bought a V badge ($45) which I will put in the middle of the part between the pipes, as I did on my windbaffle.
Will post pics this weekend. If you can't find add ons, you have to take the bull by the horns.:cheers
Bob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
333 Posts
Bob they have these in a highly polished finish. The ones I am refering to are only a thin metal. Strong and not flexable. Shine like chrome.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter #3
???????????????

bill,
Who is they? No one has made these for a V yet.
bob

upstate said:
Bob they have these in a highly polished finish. The ones I am refering to are only a thin metal. Strong and not flexable. Shine like chrome.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
333 Posts
The T configuration has two holes on top that share the bolt that is used to hang the factory muffler. Is there something different on a V besides the logo on the plate?
 
G

·
Discussion Starter #5
There's only 6 1/2" between the two inner exhausts pipes, therefore a whole new design was needed. It's nothing tlike the plate I sold you, but I think I did a good job in engineering it. It will be a simple plate and I will add the V badge in the middle like the crest on yours.
Bob
upstate said:
The T configuration has two holes on top that share the bolt that is used to hang the factory muffler. Is there something different on a V besides the logo on the plate?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,142 Posts
standby said:
Is anyone interested in a polished stainless steel exhaust plate for their V?
I have a source locally that will make them for $175, but we would need to order at least ten so he can send them out to be cut. He will make them separately for $250+ tax.
it's 3/16 and shaped like a T, but imagine the top longer and the bottom fatter to fit in between the exhaust. All corners are rounded. It goes in over the top of the exhaust and wedges down between the inner exhaust pipes. It's rock solid but you could tack weld it just to be on the safe side. I made the pattern for it, so blame me if it doesn't fit.
I bought a V badge ($45) which I will put in the middle of the part between the pipes, as I did on my windbaffle.
Will post pics this weekend. If you can't find add ons, you have to take the bull by the horns.:cheers
Bob

We had trouble getting 5 people to order racing pedals, so I don't expect you'll get 10 'V' owners together on exhaust plates :nodno

We should all continue the efforts to get group or forum discounts on anything we buy though.

with the Borlas on my car, an exhaust plate is not an option
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
333 Posts
1_XLR said:
We had trouble getting 5 people to order racing pedals, so I don't expect you'll get 10 'V' owners together on exhaust plates :nodno

We should all continue the efforts to get group or forum discounts on anything we buy though.

with the Borlas on my car, an exhaust plate is not an option
May I ask what the borlas cost? Didn't know they made them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,142 Posts
upstate said:
May I ask what the borlas cost? Didn't know they made them.
actually they don't make them specifically for the XLR, They used my car for a few weeks to develop the prototype for the XLR, but were never able to get anyone to commit to 25 units to make a minimum production run. They gave me the system (and one for my truck) at no charge for the use of my vehicle. I took them off my '04 XLR and put them on my V.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,142 Posts
upstate said:
Neat. Any drone at any speed?

that's a little disapointing.........on the XLR there was NO drone at anytime, but on the V, the drone at cruising speed is "reasonable".
Sound is otherwise fantastic
 
G

·
Discussion Starter #11
Yea, I agree that 10 is a lot, but I thought I would throw it out there just to see. I've already engineered it so It is available at $250 from the company if anyone wants one. Just trying to dress the lady up.
Bob
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top