Cadillac XLR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
OK, a lot of you guys and gals have asked for a solution for watching the DVD while the car is in motion.
First of all it's not cheap. Cost here in Orange County, Ca. is $650.
It's a module with directions for your local radio shop to install for you. I was told it is very easy to install and that's why they don't take off anything from their price installed, which is what I quoted up top.
All this unit does is fool the DVD/Computer into thinking the vehicle is still in PARK while it is in drive.

Audio Toyz
28622 Oso Parkway
Las Flores, Ca. 92688
949-888-6581
[email protected]
Any locals can go there directly and have it installed for this price.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Jack,
I would think it does, because it's fooling the computer into thinking the car is still in park. That would make the unit worth while. How many times I've wanted to enter something really quick, but I have to stop to do it.
Bob
Does this let you use the GPS while driving too?:party

·
Registered
1 Posts
There is a cheaper way... I saw a listing on ebay for a service code that you somehow enter (used for technicians) that allows you to watch DVD's while driving.

I'm sure a quick google will find the code.

·
Registered
229 Posts
dvd movies

Tried entering 1791 code into my DVD player and sure enough, it works like a charm. I want a backup camera. I can buy the cameras and the module box and all though my company,I think its like 350.00 but I have no clue how to hook it up. This system I'm talking about even has its own screen.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Tried entering 1791 code into my DVD player and sure enough, it works like a charm. I want a backup camera. I can buy the cameras and the module box and all though my company,I think its like 350.00 but I have no clue how to hook it up. This system I'm talking about even has its own screen.
How do you get into service mode to enter the code?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Last night I took the car to fill it up and I played the DVD just to see it work. Turned the car off, got fuel, then turned the car back on. The movie "King Kong" just started back up right where it left off. The Bose system is like having surround sound. I wish we could plug in head phones so the passenger could watch the movie while I'm driving and I didn't have to listen. Another thing. I'd like to see a dual channel or multi tasking radio/entrainment system. I know you think, what! But think about it. My wife can listen to jazz on XM and I could listen to my Cd's as we are travailing down the highway. This is where head phones would come into play. But I guess that may be dangerous, not hearing a siren. I think they have head phones that you can also hear someone talking to you as you can hear whats in you ear. As for the the time the car was built, my vin # is 3074 which would tell me that it was at the end of production. So my car would have been at the end of the 05 build. I don't know. I bet Mr. XLR does.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Last night I took the car to fill it up and I played the DVD just to see it work. Turned the car off, got fuel, then turned the car back on. The movie "King Kong" just started back up right where it left off. .
since the FOB never got far enough away from the car, it didn't reset.
either that or you left the door open

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
. The Bose system is like having surround sound. .
the best is a video concert recorded in DTS.
The sound is awsome ...........and you don't need to watch it that closely.

I gave that up along with my ACC for a dam supercharger!:crazy

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, I can see you grinning from ear to ear when you kick that super charger. You can't tell me that you would give up your SC for ACC & a DVD code.
the best is a video concert recorded in DTS.
The sound is awsome ...........and you don't need to watch it that closely.

I gave that up along with my ACC for a dam supercharger!:crazy

·
Registered
82 Posts
I cant watch DVD while driving, tried all methods, didnt work..help wanted

a car in park, and then i tried to hold the button above the volume control for a wile and then a screen comes up asking for number, entered 1791 and then i went to play DVD..and then when i release p to D..it says operational not allowed saftey bla bla... ..it didnt work with me and i dont know why..

even i tried the forward seek and the second botton from the button on the right hand of the DVD..but i dont have buttons on the righthand for DVD ,all buttons are for navigation...

as the screen similar to this one below...

please please..can someone help me here...

and please send solutions to [email protected]

i would be appreciated..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Code 1791

Code 1791 Works likes charm....!!! No need to pay for any install to watch DVD's while driving....!!

·
Banned
57 Posts
Dvd & Driving

What is the negative side of this besides crashing your car ? Anyone know if this will work on other xlr's and how do you enter the code?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts