Cadillac XLR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI:
If you use the "AUTO" door lock feature your passanger much get out of the car at the same time as the driver.
My wife and I found out yesterday about this.
We were out for a nice cruise with the top down. I stopped at a store to put up the top and get a drink and go the bathroom. Well my wife started to fix her hair before she got out of the car. "We need a wind screen but thats another story"
I got out of the car and went in the store with "MY" key fob in my pocket. The car locked itself "I programed it to do this" my wife then tryed to get out of the car. The doors would NOT unlock.
She had "HER" key fob with her and tryed to use it to unlock the doors but it still would not unlock the doors. After a little bit the button on the door started to work again. So I guess it timed out and picked up her key fob.
Blaise :boxing

·
Registered
535 Posts
My wife has had a simlar experience getting locked in the car. Short of pulling the emergency level, there has got to be a way to get out of the car, even when the passenger does not have a fob.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I think you needed to give the vehicle time to recognize that you were no longer in the vehicle. Your wife can open the glove box, place her key fob in and allow a couple of seconds to pass so that the vehicle could recognize her as driver 2. I am sure that it happens a bit. You might want to check what the delayed locking time is. :banghead

1 - 3 of 3 Posts